Who's good with toilets?

Associate
I had similar, ended up going back out to get some of that rubbery tape plumbers often use and that sorted it out. I did buy a new rubber seal for between the cistern and seat and replaced that too as apparently they degrade over time.
Touch wood it has been good since, and Greta is obviously impressed with my eco-flushing

Commissario
OP
I had similar, ended up going back out to get some of that rubbery tape plumbers often use and that sorted it out. I did buy a new rubber seal for between the cistern and seat and replaced that too as apparently they degrade over time.
Touch wood it has been good since, and Greta is obviously impressed with my eco-flushing
Ah cool thanks, where did you apply said rubbery tape?

Soldato
I think he means PTFE tape but you shouldn’t use that if you have a connector with a washer. The threads don’t create the seal, the washer does.

Soldato
You shouldn’t need any ptfe on a toilet, all the relevant parts have o-rings which create the seal. If it’s leaking the o-ring is not sat right or it’s not tight enough or it’s too tight.

Associate
Yeah as above really, I had a bit of a leak with the main feed pipe which the ptfe sorted out but it shouldn't really be necessary in most places!

Soldato
Other than the water inlet they should all just be ‘hand tight’. The water isn’t under pressure so it it just needs to be enough to form the seal and not work lose.

Back
Top Bottom