What do I need to know about gaming on Linux?

Soldato
I've been running Linux on servers for years and have been using it for programming for awhile as well but I've always used Windows for gaming.

Well I've finally cracked. I've had Windows 10 uninstall my WiFi once too often so I'm switching to Linux for everything on my gaming laptop. I have Ubuntu 19.10 installed and just need to get started really. What do I need to know? I'll be doing serious work on it as well so can't really use a gaming distribution.

Edit: I know I've asked about gaming before but that was when I was trying to use OpenSUSE and for various reasons I've gone back to Ubuntu. The main one being that I've used it on servers for the longest time so I'm used to how it does things.

Soldato
OP
The same advice applies as to when you were gaming on on Suse, steam play, protondb.com, wine subreddit.

Cool. Thanks. Sorry for asking twice but I'm never sure with these things. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the older GOG games using Wine as they are nice and small to download. I didn't realise how many games had native Linux ports though.

Back
Top Bottom