Solar powered spot lights/ spikes

Associate
Looking around for a set of 4 but all the reviews seem varied in terms of brightness. Does anyone use these or have a recommendation.need to brighten up the garden a bit at night for our incoming pup.
Our garden is 4m x 5m square.

Associate
OP
I did look at the wired spike ones but it looks like a 240v plug so I'd need to feed it into my house and have it plugged in? Via a connection box and a led driver going by the instructions on screwfix. I thought it was like an external battery doing the work.

Associate
The solar power lights are more for marking out paths and such, I've never seen any that are decent enough to actually light up anything.

Do you not have a wall you can either fit a floodlight or just any powered light? As above it'll be more useful than solar powered ones.

Soldato
The solar powered ones are quite poor as they only work for 2 years at the most.

Used a few over the past couple of years for marking paths and steps on the garden but the solar panel fails eventually.

Associate
OP
Ok solar ones are out the window. How hard is it to hard wire one in? Also thought about 3 spikes up either side but they look to have a 240v plug and I don't have a socket outside so would have to run a cable into the house?

Soldato
I bought a set of mpow ones on Amazon that i put up around the garden for our puppy. I've actually been quite impressed with how well they work considering some peoples experiences are hit and miss. Our garden is south facing, so even if we only get a few rays of sun during the day they seem to charge up very well. I've got them set so that they emit a low glow throughout the night, and if it senses motion then it they go to max brightness for a short duration.

Can't comment on the durability of them yet, although arguably i've tested them through the worst time of the year for charging solar, and so far so good.

Commissario
We bought some in Sainsburys for £1 each last year. One snapped in the recent storms, 2 of them still work at this time of the year and the rest are doing nothing. Make of that what you will :)

Soldato
all solar is not equal ,this is my utility ( yes a bit scruffy ,not attached to house ,functional) lit up in pitch black by winter light powered solar light (motion triggered outdoor )
15 quid ,my ex got from either lidl or aldi

IMG-20200222-064040.jpg

IMG-20200222-064050.jpg

Back
Top Bottom