When can we end the bullying?

Don
They need to drum into kids with short films about the side effects.

Like those 'don't go into the power station to get your football' videos that we used to have.

Shocking kids is the way to snap them out of bad behaviour.

Man of Honour
Can you remember that school kid a couple of years ago, he got about £150,000 and then we started to hear stuff about him.
It was just two lads having a bit of banter & pushing but Facebook turned it into a racist attack.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
kids can be little sods and no policy or training of teachers will ever change it, it's got to come from the top down which is the parents.

Soldato
You will never "end bullying"

Kids are mashed together at school and try desperately to find their place amongst peer groups and wider society. They take out their insecurities and anger on each other as they try to figure out who they are and deal with whichever parenting they've been given. Some are worse than others, but the root of it is always the same. It's part of growing up.

No amount of advertising, policy or social media will change that.

Being bullied sucks, but life can suck in many other ways so kids need to build resilience. When things get out of hand adults should step in obviously, but you'll never "end" it completely.

Soldato
I was bullied and faced racism as a youngster at school. This was mid 80s at primary school in London.

I was lucky enough to have a couple of teachers that taught me how to just brush it off and not let it affect it me mentally.

It was mainly words and the teachers did their best to keep an eye on me.Later

A couple of years in, I managed to make friends with some of the bad kids at school as they lived closeby this helped a lot but not as much as learning to be strong mentally. But I realise not all of are the same and cannot just do this.

The issue is not the bully but their parents/carers. Often the bully themselves have issues at home, physically or mentally and it is not addressed correctly.

I'd like to see a time when bullying is no more but there are too many variables that require changing and addressing for that to be a reality anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom