Best new Android phone? (not Samsung!)

Associate
Having come from an S8 my self and bought my missus and daughter some cheap Chinese stuff I have to say they blew me away, still do with what you get for the money.

I think if I wasn't happy paying for my Galaxy S then I would probably have bought a Realme x2 pro looks pretty decent for the cash, decent camera, oled screen, 90hz, big battery, 855+ with 12gb ram 450, 8GB variant 390, superfast charging etc seems like a bargain.

Soldato
The big draw of OP is the clean software, fast updates and decent support life of the devices. Admittedly you pay a premium for that, but few reviewers offer glowing praise for e.g. ColorOS. I haven't personally experienced the skin, but what I've read gives me pause about whether I'd want a device loaded with it.

Associate
Realme is OPPO sub brand and uses same ColorOS it has been improved quite a bit over time.

Can imagine the 855+ to be quite the performer as my daughters stand 855 trades blows with my Note10+

Associate
I know you are avoiding Samsung because they have done you wrong in the past but it's hard not to recommend the S20 series or even the previous S10 lineup.

Soldato
OP
I know you are avoiding Samsung because they have done you wrong in the past but it's hard not to recommend the S20 series or even the previous S10 lineup.

It's seems there are plenty of decent phones out there which don't involve paying the Scamsung tax and being left with a £600 paperweight when it breaks and they claim you dropped it because of a barely visible ripple under the screen.

My P20 pro is night and day compared to my other half's galaxy S8, so I see no need to give them another penny of our money

Soldato
It's seems there are plenty of decent phones out there which don't involve paying the Scamsung tax and being left with a £600 paperweight when it breaks and they claim you dropped it because of a barely visible ripple under the screen.

My P20 pro is night and day compared to my other half's galaxy S8, so I see no need to give them another penny of our money

Have you had to deal with Huawei yet for any warranty issues?

Back
Top Bottom