Dehumidifier for fogged up windows?

Soldato
Old sock full of cat litter, leave it on the top of the dash. Seemed to help a little in our old car when the aircon gave up. Apart from that just keep the inside of the windows nice and clean, they tend to clear more easily then.

Soldato
Agreed with above. Either you never use the AC, allowing the moisture to build up (fix is to just leave the AC on 24/7), or you have water ingress somewhere which is evaporating and then condensing (fix is to find the leak - start by checking all the carpets are dry, including the boot etc)

Soldato
Those dehumidifier pots listed earlier work great. Just leave them on the dash and the windscreen wont mist up.

Last edited:
Associate
I used to use a "pinghi dehumidifer" in my MX5 with good effect (no ac and an aging roof meant condensation was common).

If you search for that on the rainforest they should come up at about £7 and they do the job.

Soldato
As above, moisture is the problem, it’s either a leak, or AC related.... Or someone/something is living/sleeping in your car and you have yet to notice.

Soldato
But but my mpg!!!
I normally have my ac on all the time but I get a lot of but what about your mpgs etc.

Honestly it’s a minimal drain on my mpg for my car but then it’s a diesel so I hardly notice the fuel drain when driving lol

You won't even notice the difference in mpg. An engine generates so much power an AC unit is trivial.

Back
Top Bottom