Anyone used mobiles.co.uk? Good?

Soldato
Hi,

Looking at some SIM only deals from them and they seem decent. Just seeing if anyone used them here.

I'm with Vodafone at the moment.

Couple of things I'm a bit unsure about:

1 - Best option for keeping my number from an existing Vodafone plan to a new one? They have 'upgrade' deals but they aren't the best priced compared to the new customer ones. I think I'm right in saying I have to port off the network to another provider on PAYG, wait 30 days then return to Vodafone to keep my number on the new customer deals. Once before I have gone to do this (from mobilephonesdirect I think) but they did actually manage to move my number from one Vodafone plan to the new plan (technically two different accounts altogether) after a lot of arguing but I think I just got lucky/confused them with my request and they moved it between the plans somehow. So I know it is technically possible despite them saying it wasn't... just whether or not I'll be able to manage it again or will I have the faff of moving off the network for 30 days etc...

2 - Mobiles.co.uk have Vodafone 5G plans listed as 'unlimited', '10mbps download limit' and '2mbps download limit' - but the best priced ones don't say anything at all, they don't state if they have a speed limit but they also aren't advertised as uncapped speed! Ha, I'll probably have to call them on Monday about this one.

Any advice / deals / thoughts welcome :)

Thanks!

Soldato
OP
Iirc the vodafone tariffs with limited data aren't speed capped. I could be wrong.
Sounds logical and matches up with which ones have the speed cap details on the mobiles.co.uk site and which ones don't

Cheers! I will check with them Monday and confirm.

Now just got to decide how best to go about the moving my number thing

Soldato
Just watch out with how the deal is advertised, it's quite common now to list it at "only £15 a month" but it's really £25 a month with a £10/mo fixed discount applied to the account every month. You're not paying any more initially but when the RPI increase happens each year it's on the full amount, not the discounted amount, so the monthly rate effectively increases higher than RPI each year.

Soldato
OP
Just watch out with how the deal is advertised, it's quite common now to list it at "only £15 a month" but it's really £25 a month with a £10/mo fixed discount applied to the account every month. You're not paying any more initially but when the RPI increase happens each year it's on the full amount, not the discounted amount, so the monthly rate effectively increases higher than RPI each year.
Ahhh OK! Cheers for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom