Ever wondered what an alergic reaction to sun looks like?

Man of Honour
went to bed fine and woke up like this at 3am. First thing I did was wake up the wife and ask "Do you still love me if I look like this" - lets just say her reaction wasnt the comedy reaction I anticipated.

3 a.m.?
My wife wouldn’t have cared if I’d morphed into Colin Farrell, she’d
have screamed, “Have you seen the blanking time, you blank?”

Man of Honour
OP
Jesus Vince, you don't even look like you anymore, that is phenominal! is it liquid inside there sloshing around?
Is it getting better yet

I know right, my nose, forehead and eyes, all balloons :D im not sure whats in there but can literally feel my face bouncing around. It appears to be going down a little but I look far from normal. People are also looking at me like the freak that I am :p:D

Man of Honour
OP
Allergic reaction to The Sun, you say?
Yeah.... you have started to resemble their average readership, a bit. Hints of inbreeding in the face... :p
What happened - Did you get smacked in the face with a rolled up copy?

May I suggest a more intellectually stimulating newspaper, with lots of long words? If there's nothing better, something pretentious like The Guardian will still work.

Brilliant the wife absolutley loved this :D

Soldato
Bloody ell! It seems odd that it's just focused between your eyes/above your nose! Would have thought the other areas of your face would have taken a beating...

Presumably you were wearing sunglasses as well?

Man of Honour
OP
Bloody ell! It seems odd that it's just focused between your eyes/above your nose! Would have thought the other areas of your face would have taken a beating...

Presumably you were wearing sunglasses as well?

I was indeed. In just the last few years ive been to hotter places and been a lot more burnt without any sort of issue. I was in vegas in November and it was hotter, Mauritius was hotter and I got savaged by the sun there. I even went on a bit of a quad bike adventure in the middle of the egyptian desert and none of those things caused any sort of issue.

Yet sat here in 28 degrees with a beer and a decent breeze and im a gonner!! The left hand side of my face as you look at the picture was the worst at 3am at least twice as big as it looks in those pics. It's a constantly developing puzzle my right eye is now about the same as the left but other areas seem to be slowly returning to something resembling normal.

Soldato
I was indeed. In just the last few years ive been to hotter places and been a lot more burnt without any sort of issue. I was in vegas in November and it was hotter, Mauritius was hotter and I got savaged by the sun there. I even went on a bit of a quad bike adventure in the middle of the egyptian desert and none of those things caused any sort of issue.

Yet sat here in 28 degrees with a beer and a decent breeze and im a gonner!! The left hand side of my face as you look at the picture was the worst at 3am at least twice as big as it looks in those pics. It's a constantly developing puzzle my right eye is now about the same as the left but other areas seem to be slowly returning to something resembling normal.

If you're sat near something quite reflective, that can ramp up the exposure.

I remember years ago when me and the misses went skiing in Austria. Conditions were quite sunny. Anyway later on after going to sleep she starts complaining that her lips are hurting. Switch the light on and they'd swollen massively like a wag that's had too many lip jobs. I never let her forget that one! :D

Soldato
That looks more like the reaction you'd get from an eye infection of some kind, dust, dirt etc. Sometimes the pillows you sleep on can cause similar reactions, although it's normally just in one eye.

Back
Top Bottom