• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU anti sag bracket (5700 XT Red Devil)

Associate
Hi, Just putting together my first build in years and wondering what are peoples thoughts regarding anti sag brackets? Things have certainly come along way since my last build (hd6900) and graphics cards have become a lot bigger and heavier!

I have a lian li o11 dynamic xl case which i notice, comes with an anti sag bracket. After installing the bracket though, it slightly covers the fan on the aorus x570 pro. Do you think this will be ok? Or do you think the bracket isn't required with a 5700 XT red devil? There is a very slight clearance under the bracket so it doesn't touch, but as you can see from the picture the fan is slightly covered. What does everyone reckon? Leave it or remove it?

https://imgur.com/a/0Jllybz

IMG_20200306_215047.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Your card has a metal back plate so should not need it.
Backplates do very little to prevent sag in my experience. I use one of these to prevent it, which came in the box with an Aorus 2080 Ti Xtreme:

It's a way better solution than the ones that screw into the PCIe brackets IMO. Compatible with any card and doesn't restrict any airflow from anywhere.

Caporegime
It Looks like the white cable tie does joint a black one or at lest something that black :D
Well spotted! :D

Could you at least have used a black cable tie?????? :p
I did albeit a very little one,the grey one was too thick to loop through the backplate so had to use a second thin but importantly a black one ;) - a black thicker cable tie is on my extensive (but seldom attempted) to-do list. :p :D

Soldato
Also the hdds standing on their side:D

I have gone right off long cards because of the sagging as my r9 290 sagged badly, but my MSI 5700xt is totally different, as its nice and small.

The R9 290
m8Ux2ZX.jpg

The MSI 5700XT
9mE7oyC.jpg

Soldato
Jayz2cents had a video on this. The trick, apparently, is to understand that the problem is actually often at the faceplate end and put a screw in to stop the sag.

Me, I switched to a Silvertone vertical mount case.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies, have left the bracket in for now and will see how it goes. Still can't believe the size of GPU cards, they are bloomin huge! Just hoping it wont restrict air flow to the chipset fan.

Back
Top Bottom