Cloud Imperium contact

Caporegime
Getting really frustrated with these clowns.

TL;DR:

• I have a copy of Star Citizen which was gifted to me two years ago.
  • We bought a copy of the game for one of our members last Friday.
  • I used my account to gift it.
  • Because my account isn't paid for, I have to wait a month before I can gift anything.
I raised a ticket on Friday. Still no reply. Contacted them on Twitter, Facebook, nothing.

I need a different way to get hold of them.

Can't find phone number anywhere, any ideas?

F32GlSf.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Do you need an account to buy it as a gift? Can you not just buy it for someone else?
If so, it might be quicker getting a refund and then doing it that way...

Caporegime
OP
Do you need an account to buy it as a gift? Can you not just buy it for someone else?
If so, it might be quicker getting a refund and then doing it that way...

Apparently so, and it can't be a free account either, it has to be a paid for one. Given that mine was a gift it doesn't qualify as paid for, so I have this dumbass 30 day cooldown thing.

I should've paid on CC so I could've reversed it. If I don't hear from them soon I'll probably just drive up there next week and knock on their door.

Soldato
If I don't hear from them soon I'll probably just drive up there next week and knock on their door.
Will you be knocking with your knuckles, or would you like to borrow a squad of re-enactors and their medieval battering ram?

Either way, please poo through their letterbox for me. I'll pay for your curry the night before!

Soldato
From experience of trying to get a refund, twice, they take several weeks to reply. You'll probably get a first "hey we're working hard right now [dealing with refund requests], but we'll come back to you soon!" bull**** response in a couple of days.

Soldato
Is this an open offer? I don't want to go outside given the current climate, and there's a lot of letterboxes I'd like to see given the old number 2 treatment :D
Sorry, I only source and supply violent psychotic services. In matters of perversion I am restricted to a consulting capacity...
However, I would suggest mailing your sentiments, ideally sealed for a couple of weeks beforehand. I recommend adding some cut epoisses de bourgogne in with the content, for added effect.

Caporegime
From experience of trying to get a refund, twice, they take several weeks to reply. You'll probably get a first "hey we're working hard right now [dealing with refund requests], but we'll come back to you soon!" bull**** response in a couple of days.
god that refund process was terrible when I did it.

literally something like the below with days between replies

I would like a refund.
are you sure you want a refund?
I would like a refund
can you confirm you are 100% sure you want a refund?
I would like a refund 100%
Can you please read bla bla bla and confirm you would still like a refund.
Yes I would very much like a refund.
Your purchase will be refunded to the original form of payment.

Caporegime
OP
god that refund process was terrible when I did it.

literally something like the below with days between replies

I would like a refund.
are you sure you want a refund?
I would like a refund
can you confirm you are 100% sure you want a refund?
I would like a refund 100%
Can you please read bla bla bla and confirm you would still like a refund.
Yes I would very much like a refund.
Your purchase will be refunded to the original form of payment.

How did you get hold of them? Today's a week since I raised a ticket. Getting fed up now.

Caporegime
OP
**** 'em, raised a chargeback. Apart from an automated reply from them, I've had zero correspondence. I have tried all socials of both Cloud Imperium Gaming, and Star Citizen. Nothing. Post on their Facebook page showing them all eating pizza and celebrating womens' day but no effort to dealing with their customers so I've had the money refunded.

Obviously now Halifax will get in touch and hear their side of the story, so I might end up with another copy soon, but my patience ran out. **** them.

Soldato
It makes sense to lock it for 30 days incase there are any chargebacks from people using gifted accounts to buy game packs on dodgy cards then distributing them

Caporegime
OP
Ok so ten days after I sent them a request, I get an answer, which is basically "ye lol that's how it works". Fair enough, rules are rules, but why it took them ten days to answer this is beyond me. I have however in those ten days learned a LOT about this hype-funded vapourware company. I think this company has a fanboy base to be proud of, the amount of people jumping to their defense when I **** them off on social media is amazing, it's borderline cult-like but then when you've blown £lol on the promise of having a finished product and are still waiting eight years later, despite the company having raised well over $300m and has a reputation for suing people, it's no surprise really.

Chargeback was raised and the money is already in my account, let's see how this pans out when they respond to the bank's request. In 2047.

Soldato
If you’d asked in the star citizen thread we could have told you straight away tbh.
we’d also have told you not to give any money until they pony up something to play.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom