Why are there no facial hair removal products for men?

Caporegime
A Veet-like product for men's facial hair would be so much more convenient and long lasting than a razor shave every day.

No doubt I'll get called a massive *** but surely this is a good idea.

I'm bored with shaving with a razor, it's inefficient and wastes too much time.

I've had a quick Google but nothing much seems to turn up on this topic.

Are there any facial hair removal products for men's already and if not, I'm making one!

Man of Honour
Personally I've found, if a bit expensive, Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 (though the hydro bit is kind of useless) makes shaving pretty effortless for me - I can get "95%" of the way to a proper wet shave with barely a couple of minutes or so spent on it and no irritation, rarely any cuts unless I'm super distracted, etc. but then everyone's skin/hair reacts a bit different so what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

Soldato
Personally I've found, if a bit expensive, Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 (though the hydro bit is kind of useless) makes shaving pretty effortless for me - I can get "95%" of the way to a proper wet shave with barely a couple of minutes or so spent on it and no irritation, rarely any cuts unless I'm super distracted, etc. but then everyone's skin/hair reacts a bit different so what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

I'm confused by this post. What are you meaning by 'a proper wet shave' that the razor you're referring to doesn't qualify as?

Regarding the OP: Is there any reason not to just use Veet? I don't think the experience would be very pleasant mind you. You have to leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes I think, and it doesn't smell nice. Also - would it be much more long lasting than shaving anyway? Both are attempting to remove the hair down to the skin. A waxing product, which removes the hair all the way to the bulb, would be more long lasting.

Man of Honour
I'm confused by this post. What are you meaning by 'a proper wet shave' that the razor you're referring to doesn't qualify as?

I mean getting out the badger brush and straight razor (or DE), etc. prepping with hot towels and so on.

With the Hydro 5 I can just slap some shaving gel on and get it over and done with a great result in minutes - with almost any other disposable I'd end up cutting my face to ribbons or having to take a lot more time and care to get even 80% of the results.

Soldato
Right, got you. I would have considered both as wet shaves - just one more extreme than the other, that was the source of my confusion. :)

I use a DE and shaving soap - but not hot towels. But I work from home (all the time, not just during pandemics!) so I am a bit laxy with how frequently I shave anyway.

Man of Honour
Right, got you. I would have considered both as wet shaves - just one more extreme than the other, that was the source of my confusion. :)

I use a DE and shaving soap - but not hot towels. But I work from home (all the time, not just during pandemics!) so I am a bit laxy with how frequently I shave anyway.

I don't really consider using a disposable (not really sure what the Hydro 5 is classed as) and the procedure that goes along with that a "proper" wet shave heh - I can get a really good result from taking time with a decent razor but it's too much for a day to day thing.

Soldato
I would guess that it doesn't work for men because:
1- Men's facial hair is a lot thicker than women's leg hair (in my experience, YMMV :p )
2- Faces are more sensitive than legs.

So you need something stronger to remove the thicker hair whilst causing less irritation on more sensitive face skin.

Caporegime
A Veet-like product for men's facial hair would be so much more convenient and long lasting than a razor shave every day.

No doubt I'll get called a massive *** but surely this is a good idea.

I'm bored with shaving with a razor, it's inefficient and wastes too much time.

I've had a quick Google but nothing much seems to turn up on this topic.

Are there any facial hair removal products for men's already and if not, I'm making one!

Why not just use the woman stuff?

Though theres a reason woman use alternative methods than cream etc. On their face anyway.

Associate
Just wait till you have more hair on your shoulder than your head, you will understand how silly you sound.

Luckily I have loads of facial (including head) hair and little to no body hair.

However, should that ever change I'll just be a "man" about it and live with it I guess.

Soldato
Maybe men’s hair is too tough for Veet to work without irritating the skin. I’m mean my bear hairs are quite a bit different to the fuzz a woman might have. And don’t get me started with nose hair, you could use those buggers as needle for stitching saddles.

Back
Top Bottom