Recommendations

Soldato
I am looking for a 40"-50" TV for the Home Office to mount on the wall above my 40" UltraWide monitor. I want to use it for watching media when working from home, spreadsheets, zoom meetings etc.

I have high-end LG OLED panels throughout the house, but that isn't necessarily needed here so something more budget friendly would work.

Any recommendations on good quality but less costly models for wall mounting?

Only hard requirements are 2 x HDMI or DP. Sound isn't even that important due to having a sound system in the office.

Soldato
Can't comment on quality but you should get one that's IPS for that work. Usually means LG, like LG 43UM7400PLB (£350). Has enough ports & is VESA 200 compatible.

Caporegime
Ended up going with a Philips 50PUS6754 for 350. Ambient light seemed cool for the office and good reviews on picture.

Phillips aren't really phillips of old I believe Vestel make them. So a lot of the reviews are from people who are really ignorant and just basing it on brand name.

For your use it won't matter but personally I would have just bought the cheapest LG LCD as they tend to make IPS tv's that arent OLED.

Ambilight is also a gimmick. You can buy bias lighting which is better for like a fiver out of ikea. I have that on all my tv's and I use a smart plug to turn it on and off.

Man of Honour
No, Vestel don't make Philips.

The TV production factories and the rights to use the Philips name were bought out several years ago by a company called TPV. This happened when Philips decided to get out of consumer brown goods and focus more on personal products and health care.

TTBOMK, TPV doesn't make TVs for any other brand. It's not like Vestel or the Czech-based manufacturer (name escapes me at the moment) who make for almost every other brand outside of Panasonic, Sony, LG, Samsung, Hi-sense and Philips.

Philips of old had some great IP but not the best manufacturing practices. As a result, a lot of the TVs were innovative or stylish or had great performance, but cost or reliability was a problem. TPV seems to have cracked the cost thing, and I haven't heard too many issues regarding reliability. They've gone a bit more mainstream with styling and kept the more-unique features such as Ambilight.

I'm warming to the brand as a useful alternative to the typical badged Vestels, Hi-sense and cheap LG/Samsungs.

Soldato
OP
Phillips aren't really phillips of old I believe Vestel make them. So a lot of the reviews are from people who are really ignorant and just basing it on brand name.

For your use it won't matter but personally I would have just bought the cheapest LG LCD as they tend to make IPS tv's that arent OLED.

Ambilight is also a gimmick. You can buy bias lighting which is better for like a fiver out of ikea. I have that on all my tv's and I use a smart plug to turn it on and off.

Yeh for me it was just a case of something cheap for the office. I have LG OLED's everywhere else now that's important in the lounge and bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom