Don't forget, the clocks go forward this weekend

Soldato
Do people still need to change clocks/watches? How very 1990's!

I think my microwave is the only thing I will need to adjust, all other clocks/watches will change themselves...

Agreed. Why would you not want it lighter, later?
I don't particularly mind it one way or the other, it's the switching back and forth I object to. Just pick one!

GMT is more accurate though, because it's noon when the sun is highest.

Soldato
GMT is more accurate though, because it's noon when the sun is highest.

Of course, the idea of a national time zone is a relatively recent thing. Up until the railway age, all clocks were set to local time, IE Midday was when the sun was highest wherever one happened to be

GMT was only of interest to mariners.

Soldato
Thank god it's BST again! I hate GMT with a passion, love it being light for longer. And longer evenings, baffled as to why anyone likes GMT tbh, less light in the eve? Makes no sense and isn't a benefit imo.

Soldato
Thank god it's BST again! I hate GMT with a passion, love it being light for longer. And longer evenings, baffled as to why anyone likes GMT tbh, less light in the eve? Makes no sense and isn't a benefit imo.

During WW2 we had BST in the winter and "Double summer time" in the Summer (Two hours diference)

It was all about saving energy. I am surprised the greens are not all over this issue.

Back
Top Bottom