• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B Grade Threadripper

Associate
I’ve seen a Threaddripper 3970x which normally on OCUK is 1,829.99 but the b grade is 1,499.99 reduced by nearly £300 I know what b grade means but is it worth it since you need the accessories to screw in the cpu the torgue and the orange tray which the cpu comes in?

Caporegime
I'd enquire in the customer service section to see what does/doesnt come with it, and find out how much it would cost to get the missing bits which you need.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a B-Grade CPU personally, because the chances of needing to use the warranty on a CPU are slim.

Associate
OP
As per the product listing the following information relates to all BG items:

Any reference to warranty is to be ignored. Warranty for this item is 90 days as with all B Grade items.

B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these (Motherboards may be missing I/O shields).

Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product.

This is what support said previously but in order to mount a Threadripper you need the accessories the screw driver is comes with in the box they don’t sell them separately

I'd enquire in the customer service section to see what does/doesnt come with it, and find out how much it would cost to get the missing bits which you need.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a B-Grade CPU personally, because the chances of needing to use the warranty on a CPU are slim.

This is what support said previously but in order to mount a Threadripper you need the accessories the screw driver is comes with in the box they don’t sell them separately

they did mension if I wasn’t happy I could return it for a full refund or replacement which is good

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
You may have to get the mounting tool etc from elsewhere. Worth looking into to potentially save yourself £300

Careful not to mention where you get it from on here if it is a competitor though, as per the forum rules. :)

Associate
OP
You may have to get the mounting tool etc from elsewhere. Worth looking into to potentially save yourself £300

Careful not to mention where you get it from on here if it is a competitor though, as per the forum rules. :)

seems I’ve done some research and I looks like you’ll need Torx T20 bit and a
1/4 in. Hex Inch Torque Screw Driver

Soldato
Torque is to stop people going crazy on it
If you are sensible about it a non torque driver will be fine
And B grade items you can make offers on. :D:D
If it's 1499 then offer 1200 or something :)
May not get it at 1200 but likely less than 1499

Permabanned
I have bought many CPU's from the b grade section at OCUK. Honestly have never had an issue. I will admit nothing in the price range you are talking but I cant see you having any issue. Worst case scenario is it will not OC much if at all or it may have been installed previously.

Back
Top Bottom