• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 5700 XT or RTX 2060 Super?

Associate
Hi all. I've been out of the computer scenes for a while so not 100% up to date on everything. I've been looking to upgrade my rig starting with my GPU. My budget is about £400. I'm stuck between the RX 5700 XT Red Devil or the Zotac RTX 2060 Super. Could anyone please advise which would be the better choice, or if there is a completely different card I should look at for that budget.

I plan to eventually get a water cooling block on it towards the summer.

Current specs are i5-4670K, 16GB Ram, GTX 970. The CPU is getting old now but doesn't seem to struggle. I game in 1440P (3440 x 1440) that's the main reason for the upgrade. The GTX 970 still holds up, but once I turn all the graphics right up, I'm only getting around 30 FPS in Witcher 2.

Soldato
The 5700xt is great value for money and comes with 2 decent games and 3 months game pass.

But AMD are still working on driver issues. So might mean having to keep messing about running old drivers and reinstalling windows etc...

It might be worth waiting until the gen generation of cards that are supposed to be coming later this year. Last I read was September estimate.

Back
Top Bottom