China's 'wet markets' have reopened

Soldato
Lol wut?

Avocado's are one of the healthiest things you can eat.

As are potatoes in their natural form. Much like most if not all vegetables.

Again nut butter is just processed nuts. Smoothies are better than juice so I have a smoothie instead of a third meal. It helps me with digestion the combination of fibre and easy to process.

I've got Cauliflour, broccoli, Peppers, etc as well that I'll be making stuff with tomorrow. Variety and everything in moderation.

Ill make a lentil daal and a veg soup too at some point.

I haven't bought a loaf of bread in years but in small quantities it's okay so I have Wraps and Bagels.

Different people get on with different types of foods.

Oh and I use coconut milk or oat milk which I make myself in my smoothies.

I also eats oats often for lunch as I tend to skip breakfast most days. In them I'll add nuts, seeds and fruit.

When the average person is eating processed refined crap and pizza for dinner. I think mine is much more nutritional.

If people can live off eating McDonald's I think ill be okay. My local one is that busy it has 2 drive thru lanes and it always has long queues 24/7.
avocado's are high in the wrong type of fat 'monounsaturated', our bodies are best suited for saturated fat ie 'animal fat' and that is demonised in the mainstream and people believe this, even you have pointed this out so your claim it's one one of the healthiest things you can eat is simply not true..

as to the rest of the foodstuffs you mention they too have issues like bioavailability, oxaltes and antinutrients.
you also need to cook them to death just to access the little nutrition they contain and not cause you problems because good luck eating them raw..
i agree different people get on with different types of foods but to compare what you eat to the lowest common denominator ie a crap western diet does not give it much merit.

Caporegime
avocado's are high in the wrong type of fat 'monounsaturated', our bodies are best suited for saturated fat ie 'animal fat' and that is demonised in the mainstream and people believe this, even you have pointed this out so your claim it's one one of the healthiest things you can eat is simply not true..

as to the rest of the foodstuffs you mention they too have issues like bioavailability, oxaltes and antinutrients.
you also need to cook them to death just to access the little nutrition they contain and not cause you problems because good luck eating them raw..
i agree different people get on with different types of foods but to compare what you eat to the lowest common denominator ie a crap western diet does not give it much merit.

Whether something is wrong or right is going to have to require a citation, the fact is that everything is wrong in excess, in moderation most things are good for you, the problem is that most people eat way too much awful meat.

People would get more out of their diets if meat was more natural and eaten less often, it would also solve most of the other issues that come with intensive farming for society and the environment.

Associate
The thing about these 'Wet Markets' is they are stacked high, each animal dropping faeces onto the cages and animals below. They are then cut and handled by hands and knives which touch everything. This includes tonnes of wild animals which they are actually encouraged to breed.

And so you end up with prime conditions for cross contamination which would never happen in the western world and how SARS and the COVID 19 outbreaks both began. Yet each and every time they ban it for a little while then re-open it. Its complete insane.

Soldato
These places are barbaric. However so is bull fighting. So is fox hunting. So is veal farming. So is foie gras. And the intensive farming of chickens and other animals isn’t that much better when it comes to animal welfare.

Caporegime
I only eat meat 6 days a week, and fish the 7th. Fish count as wet market food I presume.

Fish don't generally pose a health risk, though we're excessively fishing and the oceans are toxifying, so they may well just go extinct at the current rate.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Fish don't generally pose a health risk, though we're excessively fishing and the oceans are toxifying, so they may well just go extinct at the current rate.

If oceans toxify, meat 7 days a week it will have to be. The fish was only a concession made as I was raising daughters on my own - they like such things.

Soldato
Jeeze, the video on the Mirror's website complaining about people eating dog meat :rolleyes:.

I have no problem with that although the method of killing is not humane.

Soldato
Jeeze, the video on the Mirror's website complaining about people eating dog meat :rolleyes:.

I have no problem with that although the method of killing is not humane.
As with most things people complain about it's not what they do it's how they do it in my opinion. I'm sure most of those complaining about eating dogs have no problem with eating meat despite being sacred in India.

Soldato
I never hang around too long in these threads ,but they just reinforce my feelings of superiority to meat eaters , devouring dead animals obviously is detrimental to intelligence as the dumb ass posters on here prove ,deserve your location tbh ;)

Lol. Your grammar is a good sign of your intelligence.

Soldato
I would rather die in 1sec than 1min or 10mins so that is BS.

Again we are omnivores so we always did kill, real hunters respect animals and do it fast and do not waste any of it (Eskimos etc).

Try twisting that any what you like (I have heard it all as lived a long time) but that is the fact and the world is not going to go Full Retard and turn vegan.

Why is following a vegan diet retarded?

Caporegime
Hopefully after this we bring manufacturing home and isolate them. They’ve screwed us all, nearly every time there is an emerging pathogen it comes from there.
It's a fairy tale.

Follow the money.

Until making stuff in China is more expensive than making it here... not a bat's chance in a Wuhan market.

Caporegime
**Contreversial opinion alert**
Unless your vegetarian/vegan then you have no place condemning China, this happens throughout the world.

I am vegetarian, but it's not at all hypocritical to condemn it. I dislike the meat industry but the difference between slaughtering pigs in a slaughter house which can be cleaned, controlled, washed constantly, tracked and traced if bad meat turns up in a super market, regulators checking they are cleaning regularly and shut downs of anywhere constantly breaking the rules.... and animals killed on site in places that have basically zero effort put into cleaning/disinfecting either before or after? There is no comparison, aside from the fact it is less humane (though slaughterhouses are still horrible), the animals are kept on top of each other, animals can carry diseases, no one is checking the farms these animals come from. No one is putting codes on the packaging so that if a few people get sick they can trace who sold it, when, and go and check the conditions and fine them to hell and back of close them down if they keep failing checks.

There is no comparison. For me animal meat just shouldn't be a thing, but the difference between slaughterhouses that are regulated and cleaned and random streets people just kill animals right there and then with zero regulation, it's insane.

These situations are begging for cross contamination between animals, sick animals to be missed, not checked or in any way attempted to be kept away. This is literally how disease spreads, mutates and becomes dangerous.

Associate
I am vegetarian, but it's not at all hypocritical to condemn it. I dislike the meat industry but the difference between slaughtering pigs in a slaughter house which can be cleaned, controlled, washed constantly, tracked and traced if bad meat turns up in a super market, regulators checking they are cleaning regularly and shut downs of anywhere constantly breaking the rules....

hmmm what about the chicken factory fiasco we had a few years back? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ret-uk-poultry-industry-chicken-campylobacter
I'm sure they were regulated and I don't think they were bothered about tracking bad meat.

Back
Top Bottom