Strange road sign-What does it mean?

Soldato
No Photo I am afraid,

The sign is rectangular, Portrait style

It is Blue with a white border.

At the top of the sign there is an image of what looks like a satellite beaming a radio signal towards the ground.

At the bottom there is a picture of a lorry with a red bar across it.

The sign is at the entrance of a single track side road (As yet unexplored owing to current circumstances)

It is in the Hereford area.

I have never seen this road sign before anywhere else.

What does it mean?

Soldato
OP
Yep, that's the one. I thought it might be something like that.

It's a good idea, However, it is also a bit like the doomsday machine in Dr Strangelove isn't it?.

Caporegime
A truckers sat nav should be avoiding roads a truck can’t go down. This sign is only necessary because too many cheap out and use a car sat nav.
Surely the issue here is the so-called “premium” that you suggest must be paid ovet a car satnav. There is no reason at all that ANY sat nav unit can’t allow for customisable weight/height/length and divert as appropriate.

Profiteering at its finest.

Soldato
Satellites but not lorries are allowed down that road.

But yea, truckers buying car satnavs because they are much cheaper. Then they get stuck...

Underboss
haven't they got a sign up that just says "no lorries" ???
i.e same as that one but without the Satellite ? makes it more confusing in my opinion

just a sign with a picture of an arctic lorry with a red line through is it all you need

Associate
There are already 2 signs covering this. One says unsuitable for long vehicles, which people ignore. One says impassable for long vehicles, which is what should have been on this road in the first place. The new sign is entirely not required. I drive a truck to farms in the middle of nowhere all the time. Correct signage is key.

Soldato
There are already 2 signs covering this. One says unsuitable for long vehicles, which people ignore. One says impassable for long vehicles, which is what should have been on this road in the first place. The new sign is entirely not required. I drive a truck to farms in the middle of nowhere all the time. Correct signage is key.

Some contractor probably got paid millions for this new sign.

That's not even a joke lol

Back
Top Bottom