new 4k monitor options

Associate
I've used a 4k monitor for about 4yrs now and would like an upgrade....

screen size min : 32"
screen size max : 42"
refresh rate : 90hz+
panel type : oled or IPS
HDR and colour : yeah the full lot i.e something good
freesync, gsync, VRR, VBR and any other protocol acronym you want to choose

There are literally no options, what gives?

Soldato
Best to wait for the LG 48" OLED really... nothing on the LCD horizon that fits the description. Acer/Asus have their 32" Mini-LED offering due this year (will probably slip to 2021 though), but the announced price of $3600 will buy you x2 OLEDs! Pathetic. Manufacturers are really flogging a dead horse with LCD now. At the price being asked for all the issues you get, I'm done with it personally.

Soldato
Only issue with that 48 inch OLED from LG, is that you'll need to wait and buy a next gen gfx card with HDMI 2.1 - adding further to the cost to get to 4k 90+hz.

These OLEDS and next gen gfx will be the utopia for gamers if they test well. Expensive yes, but the best IQ is I guess.

Associate
OP
I think 48" might be too large for a desktop monitor, that's enormous :eek: something around 38" feels about right but again no options. Has everything just switched to TV production now then?

Caporegime
I have been in the same boat OP. I have owned a Benq 4k 32" IPS 60hz screen for the last 4 years and cost me £450. There is no upgrade available yet.

The only one coming out this year is the Asus one which will give HDR 1000+ with FALD with 1152 zones and 120Hz but its going to cost £4k.

Going to buy a LG 48" OLED tv and live with the size I think.

Otherwise its going to be another 4 years before you see and affordable 4k monitor to meets our requirements.

Back
Top Bottom