Which TV is better?

Associate
Good afternoon,

Sadly, my little lad launched his toy at our TV and smashed it to bits. Thankfully the insurance are replacing it, but I want to make sure the replacement is better.

Our current TV is this in 55".

They've offered us another 55" Samsung, which I believe is Series 7?

I've had a good look at the spec, but I know there you guys are far more informed. So ultimately which is better?

Any help is hugely appreciated.

Soldato
Similar TVs, the newer one (RU) will be slightly better in various ways but it won't be a huge difference. It's okay if that's the replacement given.

Soldato
Just looking at Samsung's PQI picture quality index the new TV has a higher score so will likely be better slightly.

If they can offer you the equivalent TV in cash (£500?) you could get a full on excellent full array local dimming TV like XF9005 or Q70 QLED for £300 extra. That would be a huge upgrade.

Associate
OP
Just looking at Samsung's PQI picture quality index the new TV has a higher score so will likely be better slightly.

If they can offer you the equivalent TV in cash (£500?) you could get a full on excellent full array local dimming TV like XF9005 or Q70 QLED for £300 extra. That would be a huge upgrade.

I'd love that, but the Mrs (who has a tight grip on the purse strings) may not be so enthusiastic!

Man of Honour
TBH, there's doesn't seem to be much to choose between them.

The 7470 says it has HDR10+ (good luck finding much native 10+ content to take advantage of that) and HLG. Your old TV didn't have these, so they aren't mentioned on the web page.

Back
Top Bottom