Monitor / TV Suggestions for PS4 Pro

Soldato
Currently, the PS4 will be sharing a desk with a PC which has a 1080P monitor.

Are there any monitors that would be ideal to use for both the PC and PS4 but really show the PS4 graphics capabilities ?

Soldato
This may be way outta left field, but I've just bought a TV for PS4/PS5 usage and when hdmi 2.1 cards come out I'll use my PC on it too... A 65" LG OLED C9...
Reasons:
4k -- the Pro does upscaled 4k for the most part, but I expect the PS5 to be native 4k on the whole
120hz -- we might even get "options" if we're lucky for higher refresh rates, say 1080@120 for example. I've not seen this confirmed but the industry does seem to be accepting that framerate is more important than they used to think. But then we come to the PC side, when the 3080Ti or whatever we end up with comes - I'm expecting we should be regularly above 60hz with 4k content, or can simply turn down graphics and make use of the 120hz
HDR -- like ACTUAL HDR that's worthwhile using (and I expect next gen consoles will make more use of it). The beauty of OLED is it can literally turn individual pixels off for deepest blacks and the colours are mighty impressive and while it can't hit the same max brightness as a top end LCD panel - the contrast ratio imho makes up for it, and believe me the C9 gets bright enough to be painful to look at.. but this is all in a dark room, I might have gone QLED if I was in a bright environment.

So while a 65 inch £2000 OLED might not be the right choice for you, perhaps my reasonings will help you make your choice. For desktop use, the upcoming LG CX has a more manageabley sized 48" model coming which looks to be a darn good choice.

TL;DR -- Think about 4k, refresh rate, HDR, size. How important are each to you on both console and desktop use? :)

Associate
This may be way outta left field, but I've just bought a TV for PS4/PS5 usage and when hdmi 2.1 cards come out I'll use my PC on it too... A 65" LG OLED C9...
Reasons:
4k -- the Pro does upscaled 4k for the most part, but I expect the PS5 to be native 4k on the whole
120hz -- we might even get "options" if we're lucky for higher refresh rates, say 1080@120 for example. I've not seen this confirmed but the industry does seem to be accepting that framerate is more important than they used to think. But then we come to the PC side, when the 3080Ti or whatever we end up with comes - I'm expecting we should be regularly above 60hz with 4k content, or can simply turn down graphics and make use of the 120hz
HDR -- like ACTUAL HDR that's worthwhile using (and I expect next gen consoles will make more use of it). The beauty of OLED is it can literally turn individual pixels off for deepest blacks and the colours are mighty impressive and while it can't hit the same max brightness as a top end LCD panel - the contrast ratio imho makes up for it, and believe me the C9 gets bright enough to be painful to look at.. but this is all in a dark room, I might have gone QLED if I was in a bright environment.

So while a 65 inch £2000 OLED might not be the right choice for you, perhaps my reasonings will help you make your choice. For desktop use, the upcoming LG CX has a more manageabley sized 48" model coming which looks to be a darn good choice.

TL;DR -- Think about 4k, refresh rate, HDR, size. How important are each to you on both console and desktop use? :)

Great purchase The C9 is definitely the best tv on the market atm for gaming (excluding the debate about burn-in of course). I’ve got a 55 inch Samsung KS8000 that I’ve had for over 3 years and it’s been a stunning tv. If I was going to buy a new tv now I’d also get the C9. My next tv needs to have hdmi 2.1 and I’ll probs buy again in 18 months-2years.

Back
Top Bottom