Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ended up washing my car yesterday with Fairy washing up liquid! Thought I had a massive bottle of car wash stuff I bought from Costco ages ago but coudn't find it anywhere. Did a surprisingly good job actually, i'm assuming it won't last as long as normal detergents though.

Good at stripping off any protection.

Not sure what you mean by "won't last as long"?

Soldato
Washed, clayed and fired some shine armor onto my daughters car yesterday. Had been sitting in the garage for 6 weeks since the driving tests got cancelled. She was 2 days away from sitting her test.

Looks pretty good for a 2105 Fiesta..

hd-fozm-NTum-C5b-PPd-Adk-AA.jpg

Man of Honour
Not car cleaning, but the pressure washer was based on recommendations here. It proves it’s worth again.

My good old trusty Nilfisk! I was already half way along by the time my neighbour with his expensive Karcher managed to get the larger patio cleaning dome working. I then finished off with the lance that obliterated the soil and weeds. Again, my neighbour with his lance and it’s multiple settings could barely touch the soil in the gaps.

Man of Honour
Do the right thing and sweep it up, my neighbours have so far blasted it to the drain and the other to the gravel border on a neighbours fence that’s now growing weeds and brambles.

might start mine today. Do you have any sand to refill?

Ive got a border that is about to have membrane and gravel on top, so I stuck it there. Unfortunately not, although the blocks are so locked in I was tempted to leave it?

Associate
Not car cleaning, but the pressure washer was based on recommendations here. It proves it’s worth again.

My good old trusty Nilfisk! I was already half way along by the time my neighbour with his expensive Karcher managed to get the larger patio cleaning dome working. I then finished off with the lance that obliterated the soil and weeds. Again, my neighbour with his lance and it’s multiple settings could barely touch the soil in the gaps.

I done the same with Patio at the start of the lock down, my Nilfisk completed the job with ease.

Soldato
Pressure washer help / update!

It sounds insane, but it seems my outside tap pressure is too high? I actually got the Stanley unit from Screwfix, liked the sound of that extra oomph for the patio and it was in stock locally.

Anyway I’ve got it all set up, and the input side just pings off when the tap is turned on. The problem now is this adapter is of course plastic, and the machine is metal. Note that it didn’t unscrew, it literally grinded its way off because of the tap pressure. As such there’s no thread on it now, completely useless!
nuCJlQy.jpg

Am I insane? What is going on. Don’t know if a plastic part is ever up to the task or if I got a defective unit maybe? Has anyone experienced this? I tried another tap connector (plastic from a normal hose gun) and it completely sheared in 2!

Soldato
Why did you turn your putside tap to full pressure if you knew it was maybe casuing an issue? Turn the tap to half on.

Not meaning to be condescending in any way.

Soldato
Well I didn’t know it could be an issue with the first one, and second one didn’t even survive a quarter of a turn.

So it’s a thing then? Tap pressure can be too high to go into a pressure washer? Wtf do I do about that. Mad.

Associate
I'd be surprised if your tap pressure was strong enough to do that! I presume the connectors for the actual hose you used to connect it to the outside tap survived?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom