Dishwasher - Low water pressure to top spray arm

Associate
Hi all,

I have a 2.5 year old Beko DFN16R10X dishwasher which recently hasn’t been washing the top rack very well. I decided to clean the filter, spray arms and the back water supply pipe which feeds the top spray arm and run through one of those dishwasher cleaners. However this didn’t change anything so decided to run an empty cycle and open the door to see if I could see anything obvious and the top spray arm isn’t rotating with water only trickling out of it.

I took both the bottom spray arm off and the top spray arm with the back water pipe off to see how the water pressure was coming out of the 2 pipes in the bottom. The front pipe which feeds the bottom spray bar seemingly has very good pressure with the water almost reaching the top, but the pipe behind this which feeds the top spray arm was barely making it an inch into the air so vastly reduced pressure.

Before I decide to replace or try and get someone out to look, does anyone have any ideas? I don’t think there’s much I can do as to me it seems whatever motor/pump forces the water out of the pipe that feeds the top spray arm isn’t working and probably needs replacing.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
I'd have thought the pump isn't a likely candidate given the other spray arm works and it looks like your dishwasher only has 1 pump:
https://www.bekospares.co.uk/wash-pump/product.pl?pid=4666541&query=DFN16R10X+pump

I'd trace the pipework all the way back to the pump and check for any splits / blockages. Beko appear to sell most parts for reasonable prices.

You should be able to remove the spray arm feed pipes to check it:
https://www.bekospares.co.uk/upper-spray-arm-feed-pipe/product.pl?pid=1637758&query=DFN16R10X
https://www.bekospares.co.uk/spray-.../product.pl?pid=2909977&query=DFN16R10X+spray

This genuine replacement is a plastic tube that feeds water to the spray arm and is essential if your original pipe is cracked at the bottom where it joins the sump of the dishwasher. Damaged or malfunctioning water inlet tubes can cause a loss of water pressure to the spray arm, resulting in poor cleaning results.

I accept no responsibility for incorrect parts though! I'd suggest going via the BEKO site yourself and putting the model number in.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

I've already took those parts off and cleaned, water seems to run through them fine, where it connects to though at the bottom of the machine, the water coming of that seems of low pressure though, but I'm not sure how much pressure it should be, compared to how it comes out the other pipe that feeds the bottom spray bar it's very weak.

Soldato
Used to repair bekos a while back, make sure the riser tube to the top spray arm is sitting properly as it was quite common that they didn't connect properly.
Wash motor could be the cause as well sometimes something like a bit of broken glass wears the impeller blades down.

Back
Top Bottom