Poll: Would you eat this cheese? *** I've eaten it and I'm not dead ***

Would you eat this cheese?

• Yes

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I'm sensible and can't answer based on this view. I'd open it, have a look, a sniff and then decide

Votes: 38 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Commissario
It was bought for me at the local summer show.

mJnUjrI.jpeg

And it's sat in the back of the fridge ever since.

It's fully waxed and completely sealed but it's cheese. It can last for years in the right environment.

jVh3IwQ.jpeg

Would you eat it?

Capodecina
Soldato
I would eat it, I love cheese and can't imagine why you didn't eat it years ago.

If it killed me I would feel that I deserved it for leaving it so long ;)

Commissario
OP
I would eat it, I love cheese and can't imagine why you didn't eat it years ago.
I honestly don't know. It was bought along with a couple of other truckles of different flavour cheeses and for some reason it was left forgotten at the back of the fridge. I just noticed it there this morning.

Soldato
Go for it, its "best before" but you could be finding out if its "even better by". Go to cut into it and see if its lunges away from the knife and shows forms of communication.

Soldato
Nope - 30 Nov 18 and it would have been straight in the bin. But i'm forever getting told off for for throwing things which Mrs says are completely fine.

Soldato
I've got several cheeses from xmas 2018 in the deep freeze, I ate one a few weeks ago and it was fine. Freezing cheese works very well except it alters the texture and makes it crumbly, the taste is not altered though

Soldato
If the wax seal hasn't been broken it should be fine, I've consumed a few out of date cheeses in the past and not yet found one that has perished.

Back
Top Bottom