Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Fence on top of wall and new gate so I can enjoy a gin in the garden without being stared at by dog walkers. Paid for with my furlough money, well it will be when the guy turns up to finish the capping and hand me the bill. :D

1588970111.jpg

Caporegime
I bought and built a PC for the first time in roughly 10 years! Sourced with parts from the members market, OcUK and other e-tailers.

k3EQIXl.jpg

sOMwRHS.jpg

GUuGBtO.jpg

Squeezed inside a Fractal Define Nano is;

Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX
i5 9600k
MSI GTX 1070 Quicksilver
Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz 16gb
Corsair 480gb MP510 M.2
Corsair H115i
Corsair ML fans throughout
Be Quiet! SFX-L 500w

How can you sleep at night with that cooler block installed the way it is? I would be a gibbering wreck until it was the right way up! :(

Soldato
How can you sleep at night with that cooler block installed the way it is? I would be a gibbering wreck until it was the right way up! :(

I have the non-windowed version of the case so fortunately it can't be seen! Unfortunately the length of the hoses in an itx case don't allow it to be the right way round - I could see if its just a sticker on top of the block and flip that? :p

Soldato
@khemist

Are bikes like that a lot more comfortable than race bikes due to the seating position and weight through your arms or is it more just that the suspension is softer sprung? They seem more popular now than what I would call a race bike.

Soldato
@khemist

Are bikes like that a lot more comfortable than race bikes due to the seating position and weight through your arms or is it more just that the suspension is softer sprung? They seem more popular now than what I would call a race bike.

I've never even considered a full on sports bike because i'm so tall the leaned over position would kill my already bad back, this is only slightly leaned over and i have some bar risers on it also to make it a little more comfortable.

Soldato
@khemist

I would say so, I've had sports bikes and what i call 'nakeds' and the comfort is ten times better on the nakeds, Obviously because of the seating position but i found not only were my arms aching on a sports bike, My lower back, bottom of my neck and wrists ached on journeys. If i was getting a bike now i'd go for a naked all day

@khemist Bike is looking stunning bud

Soldato
Yeah I am playing with the settings/levels and doing testing - also mic positioning is playing a big part here (probably obvious to some, but not to me, this is very new) - during a stream last night after changing mic position, voice was much better with heavily reduced echo and ambient noise was better also - the main thing I want to iron out now is reducing of other pickups like keyboard and mouse clicks. It'll get there :)

You won't be able to do the latter with a condenser. Best hope for that now tbh is RTX voice.

Back
Top Bottom