Man tasered in front of his kid at petrol station

Soldato
So this has been blowing up on twitter.

Looks like this guy committed a series of offences and then got tased in front of his kid on a petrol station forecourt.

Public split over the actions of the police.

Should it have gone that far? What say you GD?

Ermagherd in front of his kid no way?!

He was more of a danger to the kid and deserved it?

Link to original video:
https://twitter.com/essmurph/status/1258537649368739840?s=19
Link to police response:
https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/1258727381600292870?s=19
Link to sky article:
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/man-...f-young-child-investigation-launched-11985163

Man of Honour
Don't see a problem - police gave him plenty of chances to cooperate.

EDIT: That said if he was clearly under the influence they'd have been better off soft controlling the situation so another unit could arrive to remove the kid so that two officers were free to detain him properly.

Soldato
Could have done with seeing more of the beginning of video. He doesn't seem to be resisting arrest. Tough being police though have to make split second decisions then live with fallout from internet etc.

Harsh on kid though.

Caporegime
Resisting arrest is never a good idea. Using your kid as a shield is just despicable.

edvuam.jpg

He brought it on himself.

Soldato
At first, after seeing the video I thought the police were pretty quick on the trigger, and it looked as though the cop had already made his mind up on tasing the dude.

However, all that sympathy drained away after seeing what he was being charged with.

Man of Honour
At first, after seeing the video I thought the police were pretty quick on the trigger, and it looked as though the cop had already made his mind up on tasing the dude.

However, all that sympathy drained away after seeing what he was being charged with.

Yeah - lot of people won't see past the kid scared out his life when his dad gets tased - won't see that his dad put him in that position in the first place and could have ended up in a worst position if the police hadn't taken action.

Soldato
'In a statement, Greater Manchester Police said a man has been charged with seven offences, including speeding, having no insurance, drink driving, failing to stop and unnecessary travel.'

Add to that resisting arrest....

Umm yeah tasering is more than reasonable, shame they aren't allowed to do more than just tasering tbh.

Caporegime
My first thought was using a tazer at a petrol station is probably even more dangerous than sparking up a cigarette.

Second thought was surely one of them could have taken the kid away from the situation before it escalated to that point?

If the answer to my second thought is "not really, no" then I don't care and he had it coming.

Soldato
People in that tweet linked were worried about this man being tasered in front of a kid
but not about this man was drink & driving + speeding with that kid in the car :eek::mad:

Soldato
Never mind the massive lumps of hot metal with multiple electrically triggered explosions going on under the bonnet, did the cop get berated over the Tannoy by some spotty teenager for using his Taser on the forecourt?

Associate
My first thought was using a tazer at a petrol station is probably even more dangerous than sparking up a cigarette.

Second thought was surely one of them could have taken the kid away from the situation before it escalated to that point?

If the answer to my second thought is "not really, no" then I don't care and he had it coming.

I don't think he'd have allowed them to take the kid to one side, that would probably have only aggravated the situation further. Looks like they hit him when the kid was a couple of steps away so that was their best chance to end the issue. The way he fell looked a bit nasty though, I don't know if the other officer could have helped him down after he was tazered??

And the kid seeing it, well it might stop him from growing up to be a wrong-un like his old man

Caporegime
Yeah - lot of people won't see past the kid scared out his life when his dad gets tased - won't see that his dad put him in that position in the first place and could have ended up in a worst position if the police hadn't taken action.

Yep. Seems strange he even got the kid out the car really. No fault of the police here, what were they meant to do? Let him go? Fathers fault, not the police.

Back
Top Bottom