steam scheduling updates...

Permabanned
how do i stop steam from scheduling updates every time i go to play a game it tells me i have updates to run..

there is no chance my system will be powered on at 05:46. so the next time i try to play i have an update.
Untitled.jpg

now i know i can run the update now, but if i wasn't looking i wouldn't have seen it. I have steam run on system boot so it get the updates out of the way but as you can see its stopped doing updates.
how to make it start updates when the program opens.

Soldato
This frustrates me. When I first turn my computer on Steam starts immediately. Generally speaking I won't start gaming for at least 30 minutes, if not longer. That would be the very best tiem for it to be making updates.

Is there no way to tell it to just go ahead with updates instead of the scheduling rubbish?

And, for me at least, it's not COVID related. It's been doing this for months.

Commissario
This frustrates me. When I first turn my computer on Steam starts immediately. Generally speaking I won't start gaming for at least 30 minutes, if not longer. That would be the very best tiem for it to be making updates.

Is there no way to tell it to just go ahead with updates instead of the scheduling rubbish?

And, for me at least, it's not COVID related. It's been doing this for months.

Just set steam to not start in windows at startup.:confused:

Soldato
Just set steam to not start in windows at startup.:confused:

Eh? How does that help the games get updated at a time when I'm not trying to play them?

I don't have a problem with Steam running, it makes no difference anyway. I have a problem with it not using that opportunity to run the updates.

Back
Top Bottom