Laptops - UK supplies exhausted?

Associate
I have been thinking of getting a new laptop, but it seems like everyone else has already bought one and there aren't any left.

At least, there don't seem many in my section of the market: 750/1250 for a light-gaming 15 inch machine.

I have been talking to a range of vendors to get a sense of whether there are full shipping containers en-route, or whether i should make the best of what is still available. No-one seems to have much idea.

It then occurred to me that people on here might have ideas/inside information......

Does anyone?!

Soldato
i've been keeping an eye on the buy and sell on here as i've got my last few laptops from here but anything comes up goes quickly. Been on ebay but not willing to spend over the odds for something quite a few years old. New laptops are out of stock so no luck there. You're right about the pandemic though, we've deployed around 6k laptops within the business since the lockdown. Mostly nice G6's, shame i can't have one for personal use.

Man of Honour
A lot of IT equipment is in short supply and used prices quite high at the moment. Especially so for anythign that people can use to work from home. It will return to normal in a few months. In about six months when people are back at work and realise they don't need it anymore then there will be a rush to sell and pricess will come down significantly.

Back
Top Bottom