***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
There's an OCUK clan that used to be quite active in previous years, might be worth looking into, there's still a few of us that play regularly and spend our time messing around ramping bikes off things, but we can run some missions/heists etc if anyone new to the game wants to experience more than the inevitable griefing from flying bikes, cars with guns on, and sharks with frickin lazer beams on their heads*

*sharks not included. maybe included in future content for $17m each. Shark tank sold seperately. Lazer beams not included.

Soldato
Done with the singleplayer campaign, not too shabby but nothing overly amazing which I suppose is expected seeing how this game is almost 7 years old.

Guessing there's no way to make money after you finished the game to buy the really expensive properties?

Man of Honour
Done with the singleplayer campaign,

Guessing there's no way to make money after you finished the game to buy the really expensive properties?

You should have plenty, $1 Billion+ per character if you played it right by buying/selling stocks and shares before and after missions

Soldato
If you only played the missions you were forced to for the story, you should still have 4 of Lester's assassination missions left and those are what earn the big bucks. If you've already done them without investing before/after each one than you're screwed.

If you haven't done them and you have around 40m per player after the last mission then you're fine and can do it now. Just google for the guides.

Soldato
So I tried to install the Vice Cry mod... I used OpenIV and installed it throught the package installer. Copied the 2 files to the install folder, and launched it.

Couldn't tell any difference, so I presume I've gone wrong somewhere.

Soldato
fired this up on my new rig today for a blast. what a poorly optimised mess it is

400 meg fibre connection and the entire game running off a sabrent rocket and the loading times are horrendous

great fun though apart from the griefers and modders

Associate
fired this up on my new rig today for a blast. what a poorly optimised mess it is

400 meg fibre connection and the entire game running off a sabrent rocket and the loading times are horrendous

By this I'm assuming you are referring to joining an online lobby, your brand new PC and amazing internet won't help with loading times, online servers use P2P and it is what it is, you can load into single player first to speed up with joining an online lobby or look into port forwarding if you're that bothered.

Soldato

Have to disagree with you there. The game is very well optimised from the lowest to the best. I have had it running on a G3258 a 6950 and very playable.

Always remember, your internet is only as fast as the slowest point. ;)

However, the servers have been trashed over the past 10 days because of the Epic offer and the sheer popularity of the game at the moment.

Peak most days is 250K on steam alone and it is number three on twitch :confused::confused::confused:

Now sold 130 million copies, still earning ridiculous amounts of money. For a 7-year-old game, it is quite impressive.

Soldato
I was looking for something to do tonight so decided to mod this again now I'm on better hardware. Already its looking incredible and I'm nowhere near satisfied on the amount of mods I've got.

List so far;

Redux overhaul
Reshade (using Ultrav3)
Epic Explosions XX
Realistic weapon sounds
Raider's Blood, Violence, Melee & Destruction
4K Water
Insane Rain
HD Tatoos
New Strippers
Hookers Improved
4k map
LA real billboards
Colourful HUD
Real Names for GTAV.

Nice little start this evening. If you use any that you recommend I take a look at, then drop me a message here.

Associate

Loading times are a joke I’ve not experienced such a thing since owning a spectrum.

I find the game a drag it’s just geared toward players buying shark cards.

Associate
I was looking for something to do tonight so decided to mod this again now I'm on better hardware. Already its looking incredible and I'm nowhere near satisfied on the amount of mods I've got.

List so far;

Redux overhaul
Reshade (using Ultrav3)
Epic Explosions XX
Realistic weapon sounds
Raider's Blood, Violence, Melee & Destruction
4K Water
Insane Rain
HD Tatoos
New Strippers
Hookers Improved
4k map
LA real billboards
Colourful HUD
Real Names for GTAV.

Nice little start this evening. If you use any that you recommend I take a look at, then drop me a message here.

Have you got any video gameplay we can take a look at? Those mods are sounding tasty, would love to see

Soldato
Have you got any video gameplay we can take a look at? Those mods are sounding tasty, would love to see

Not currently but I do have a rough video up on YouTube of the last time I used the majority of these mods. It is years old on older hardware also. It's only phone footage as back then I had issues with recording software, but it might give you an idea.

Once I'm done the next few days I'll get a more up to date video up.

Associate
@ceaton88 did a quick video with these mods last night for you.

haha cheers, I agree with the comment above you have a natural voice for commentary lol. “Go on my soN!!”

modded GTA 5 looks insane, I have a copy of Redux installed and meaning to play through the game again, but then fell through a black hole that is modded GTA 4 and it threw me off track.

I would imagine the mods and community to be an even bigger for 5 so am going to stay far away as it gets really addictive and time consuming :p

Soldato
It only took me an hour to download, install and edit the files to get these dozen or so working. But yes I agree, the amount of incredible mods on offer, you could get totally lost in it.

And thanks ppl to kind on here.

Nice video, thanks for uploading.

Guessing you can't go online with these mods, is it easy (or not) to disable them if I ever decide to venture online?

Back
Top Bottom