Erroneous debit from bank account

Soldato
Did you ever use Easyjet with that card? They claimed only a 2000 or so card details were compromised but who knows if that's true as they sat on that information for quite a while.

Soldato
Ah I didn't know that about Android/Apple Pay. I thought it was the same limit as contactless which used to be £30 but recently increased to £45.
It is because anyone can pick up/steal a card and use it without any further verification. With a phone you have biometric or at least a pin number to get through before you can use it and this is seen as the same as using your physical card and entering a pin. It's all about the required security pre-payment.

Caporegime
Did you ever use Easyjet with that card? They claimed only a 2000 or so card details were compromised but who knows if that's true as they sat on that information for quite a while.
oh I knew about the attack but only just noticed I had an email from them.

I'm not the original poster who you were replying to btw, just so you aren't confused

Our investigation found that your name, email address, and travel details were accessed for the easyJet flights or easyJet holidays you booked between 17th October 2019 and 4th March 2020. Your passport and credit card details were not accessed, however information including where you were travelling from and to, your departure date, booking reference number, the booking date and the value of the booking were accessed.

We are very sorry this has happened.

I think I had 3 flights in that time, shame theres no compensation for things like this, it's pretty ridiculous that people are just supposed to accept the fact companies lose peoples personal details and information so easily

Associate
OP
No buddy, I'm at a loss. The only possibility may be linked to my Steam account being compromised.
I got a similar we have disabled your account / password reset request on eBay when they noticed suspicion activity.
Both of which were a good while back.

I did purchase something recently in https://store.x-plane.org using my card, but then again I'm sure there would have been others affected? With that said, I got an email directly after purchase requesting I proved who I was i.e. with a passport or something that I refused and they refunded me because I failed to authenticate.
Just cannot be too careful these days / it's prudent to monitor your account on an active basis. Definitely a learning experience for me :)

Associate
How old is your card?

I had a car rented in Naples on a 1 month old credit card that I hadn’t even taken off the letter it came stuck to get (I used it infrequently)
Card company returned the money but refused to believe my story about it having never left the house, I later read about ”account updater” services that automatically share new card details with certain retailers

Associate
OP
How old is your card?

I had a car rented in Naples on a 1 month old credit card that I hadn’t even taken off the letter it came stuck to get (I used it infrequently)
Card company returned the money but refused to believe my story about it having never left the house, I later read about ”account updater” services that automatically share new card details with certain retailers
2 years chap

Associate
I had something similar about 9 years ago. Small amount and then 3 large amounts, two to BA and one to National Express. Just under 5k. Was on a credit card I never used much and only realised when I got the statement through. Got all the money back though.

The last time I had used the card was car insurance 3 months earlier which I cleared on the first statement.

Back
Top Bottom