Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Got my first snow foam the other day, Bilt Hamber auto foam. Damn impressive! Diluted down to 4% PIR, but I only had a detergent lance so it went through way too much product for 1 car! 4% PIR worked out at 320ml product with 80ml water, the bottle only holds 400ml and it outputs around 8l per 400ml bottle used as measured into a bucket.
I need to try it in a hand sprayer then compare it with a proper snow foam lance.

Associate
Cleaned the honda today, coat of soft99 fusso, interior cleaned and dressed. Wheels sealed and tyres cleaned and sealed.

The raceglaze filter is such a good buy! Rinsed the car and left it to dry in the sun..only spotting left was near boot area where water ran down from the actual wash with unfiltered water but that took 5 seconds to wipe off.

Love your S2000 Mate, stunning colour. Inspired me to get the EP3 out for a maintenance wash and quick detail.

Owned it for 10 years and just maintained servicing with no money spared from day one. Few mods include Tegiwa cat-back exhaust, K&N air filter and a Brembo BBK. :)

I also purchased a Di Filter a few weeks ago. Worth its weight in gold for a black/dark coloured Jap car.

Heres my EP3 cleaned and back to bed

uB2KoNF.jpg

RoiRARh.jpg

2WTBpET.jpg

Roof needed a bit of love so a quick pass with Hex Logic medium cut pad and Meguires Ultimate compound.
This is as far as I will go because the roof paint is so thin.

6VU4y0J.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
49948156571_0bc2891bea_c.jpg

Gave my garage queen a final clean this morning as it's off to it;'s new home. Gyeon Wet Coat has held up exceptionally well on this, although it is garaged.

Associate
Picked up a couple new bits and pieces. Wasn't too impressed with the Carpro inside on my white leather. I may need something a little more aggressive.

The autoglym polar blaster looks well made - the brass fittings feel heavy and I like the spring loaded connectors. The bottle looks a little cheap though and I wish they had embossed volumes on the side for the price. Oh and they should give an option to buy a karcher or AltoKew Nilfisk kit. I got bumped by elite car care and paid £8 for a nilfisk adaptor so that I could use a lance that already cost £40.

Soldato
Bilt hamber auto wash good

Wet coat big fan of

Getting back to the A2 though, what is the USP of that car? It looks like it was designed by a committee of multiple interns. Yet some people look at it and yes, that's the one? I don't get it. I know this sounds offensive but none meant at a personal level.

Associate
Just looking into polishers, anyone have the amazon katsu DA polisher? Not hesitant on spending some more but if I can get away with a decentish polisher for ~£50 then why not?

Also during my googles I noticed this - https://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/m18-fuel-polisher/m18-fap/ - how safe would this be for newbies? I note that is a rotary, but the rpm's seem quite low. Given that I'm already invested in the milwaukee ecosystem and have 5 mah batteries, this also looks tempting.

Soldato
Bilt hamber auto wash good

Wet coat big fan of

Getting back to the A2 though, what is the USP of that car? It looks like it was designed by a committee of multiple interns. Yet some people look at it and yes, that's the one? I don't get it. I know this sounds offensive but none meant at a personal level.

The USP is that is a made of aluminium so it’s really light and therefore can be really economical.
Read up about it on Wiki. Clearly it wasn’t designed to be an elegant car but for what it is, it’s actually pretty decent and has some innovative ideas in its design.

Soldato
Yes, light due to ASF (aluminium space Frame) narrow to help aero and comfortably sit 4 adults in a compact footprint. Euro also got the 3L version (3L/100km) 1.2L diesel with automated gearbox and various trick parts similar to the Lupo to offer super efficiency.

It was essentially the first premium small hatchback, didn’t quite have the charm or appeal though for large sales. That’s where the MINI came in...

Soldato
Is it ok to use Carpro reload as a quick detailer?

I washed my car 3-4 weeks ago and applied reload, and it says it can last up to 3 months. I washed my car today and due to sunny weather, I got a lot of water marks after drying, I used reload again and it removed them.

Is that too soon to use it again.

*Just a thought if I had sprayed reload onto wet car before drying would that have possibly helped remove water marks?

Associate
Washed yesterday using the meguiars wash and wax I got as part of a deal from Halfrauds before all this crap kicked off.

is it me or is this just a terrible shampoo? In the bucket plenty of suds but on the paintwork it acts like water and doesn't soap up at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom