• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hows my 9900k looking?

Associate
OP
I have one of these...

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £89.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)

IIRC the temps were under 80c for 5Ghz but that was when it isn't as warm as it is now. Stock around 65 or so at most, a little vague about stock as I don't bother to monitor it, see no reason to.
Fan on cooler was always at a custom profile, more for noise limitation than performance.

And are those temps you quote during normal usage / gaming? I would say that is pretty much what I am seeing.

Soldato
Yeah pretty much. Runs fine at stock tho for my needs without bothering about the cooling when the ambient gets too warm, like it is at the moment.
There seems to be less "need" for me to OC this CPU than there was for my 6700k.
Good job really, it quickly gets toasty.

Last edited:
Soldato
You answered you're own question there. The performance gain is only 3.26% so why bother exerting that temperature upon your CPU? The human brain's idealistic view that 5.0ghz makes a huge difference for no reason other than it's a round number :D

Yeah I wanted 5ghz with my 8086 cpu just because it sounds better then 4.9, but I had to make do with 4.9ghz due to poor cooling, as I am still using my Thermalright True Black 120 with this cpu. The cooler does a ok job though with the temps in the low 70s when stressed, with all cores at 4.9ghz

Back
Top Bottom