Gaming mouse with extra side buttons, but not millions of them

Soldato
Hi all, my Roccat Tyon started double clicking occasionally so I'm back on the trusty MX518 for now and missing the extra buttons.

It seems like you get to choose between 2 side buttons, or 10 side buttons. Has anyone found a mouse that provides some extra usable buttons (preferably thumb) that isn't ridiculous?

I like to have my discord/TS PTT button on the thumb, but not end up going back and forth in my web browser while I chat (usually bind scrl lock to it).

Also, when did mice get so bloody expensive?

Associate
I can't move away from my Logitech G502, I'm on my second after having accidentally spilt beer on my last one but it's seriously the best mouse I've ever had.

I went for the Lightspeed wireless version, but I highly recommend it. It's pricey, but brilliant.

Soldato
OP
I can't move away from my Logitech G502, I'm on my second after having accidentally spilt beer on my last one but it's seriously the best mouse I've ever had.

I went for the Lightspeed wireless version, but I highly recommend it. It's pricey, but brilliant.

That looks exactly what I'm after, thanks! I think I'll pass on the wireless for double the bloody price, as tempting as it is to go untethered. Anything else besides wireless that makes the lightspeed worth it?

Also, any difference between the HERO and the other wired version I see?

Soldato
Also have a g502
Some of the side buttons are hard to use
Depending how you hold the mouse
Don't get me wrong it's a really good mouse
But if you don't have a palm grip you may struggle to get to all the buttons
Luckily I mainly use the left and right tilt
On the scroll wheel for back and forward
And the thumb button for refresh
But the 2 on the top left for dpi changes
I have to take my hand off the mouse
To reach for them

Soldato
OP
Also have a g502
Some of the side buttons are hard to use
Depending how you hold the mouse
Don't get me wrong it's a really good mouse
But if you don't have a palm grip you may struggle to get to all the buttons
Luckily I mainly use the left and right tilt
On the scroll wheel for back and forward
And the thumb button for refresh
But the 2 on the top left for dpi changes
I have to take my hand off the mouse
To reach for them
Thanks that's useful. It's particularly the extra thumb button that I'm after, but I like you're idea of browser nav on the scroll wheel or just another set entirely. My time with the Roccat Tyon taught me that my index and middle fingers can't learn new tricks (for gaming anyway), but my thumb can. In a dream world I'd have 4 thumb buttons, but three would be better than 2 at least.

Soldato
Thanks that's useful. It's particularly the extra thumb button that I'm after, but I like you're idea of browser nav on the scroll wheel or just another set entirely. My time with the Roccat Tyon taught me that my index and middle fingers can't learn new tricks (for gaming anyway), but my thumb can. In a dream world I'd have 4 thumb buttons, but three would be better than 2 at least.
Yeah those extra 2 buttons I can't reach are probably index finger ones
Wouldn't be a problem if I palmed the mouse but I don't lol
But back, forward and refresh especially are what I use most so no problem there
In games the thumb or side to side scroll
Wheel are ideal for grenades etc
Obviously being able to hold the mouse before buying is ideal but not always possible
Especially at the moment

Soldato
In a dream world I'd have 4 thumb buttons, but three would be better than 2 at least.
Logitech G700S
Four thumb buttons. Very easy to use. My favourite mouse to date.

Also three extra buttons to the left of the index finger, if you want them. Multiple profiles, tilting scroll wheel, Logitech patented scroll wheel clutch, loads of settings.
Is wired, but you can just unplug the cable to go wireless. Uses an AA battery, which comes included, but get an Eneloop rechargable one.

Is getting a touch old now, so probably quite cheap, too!

Soldato
OP
Logitech G700S
Four thumb buttons. Very easy to use. My favourite mouse to date.

Also three extra buttons to the left of the index finger, if you want them. Multiple profiles, tilting scroll wheel, Logitech patented scroll wheel clutch, loads of settings.
Is wired, but you can just unplug the cable to go wireless. Uses an AA battery, which comes included, but get an Eneloop rechargable one.

Is getting a touch old now, so probably quite cheap, too!

Thanks, the G602 looks like the current equivalent but with 6 thumb buttons (maybe a bit much, but whatevs)

Rocatt Nyth?
You can add as many or as few as you like in whatever position you fancy
i.e. long buttons or short.vertical or horizontal

I've gone a bit sour on Roccat since the Tyon I had started double/misclicking on the left click button. Like if you can't get left click to last, what's the issues with build quality

Associate
Roccat Kone Pure for me.
I like the simplicity, confortable in the hand and just enough buttons for me.
I find x2 on the thumb sufficient, but I wouldn't class myself as a pro gamer or anything remotely near.
Does it job perfectly.

Soldato
Another vote for the G502. The 3 side buttons are perfectly placed, you can also move the middle mouse button left and right for 2 extra buttons. There are another 2 next to the left ouse button but they are kind of difficult to use.

I tried a couple of other mice when my wired G502 gave up the ghost but quickly went back to the lightspeed version and didn't look back.

Back
Top Bottom