Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Thank you! They do look great, I was looking to see if they had any anime from the 90s but doesn't seem like that particular seller does.
Hope you find something you like. If you're after canvas prints in particular then it can be a bit of a minefield. If you're happy with a metal print then displate is a good option :)

Associate
I bought wood and screws and built a table.

sw0tN85.jpg
This is brilliant! - I've just bought some tools and pieces to start doing some woodwork around the garden. Never done any before, so it'll be fun to learn.
I'm going to look to build something for my son to play with (he's almost 2). Perhaps an outside kitchen.

What screws did you use?
Are those 45mm x 45mm legs?

Caporegime
This is brilliant! - I've just bought some tools and pieces to start doing some woodwork around the garden. Never done any before, so it'll be fun to learn.
I'm going to look to build something for my son to play with (he's almost 2). Perhaps an outside kitchen.

What screws did you use?
Are those 45mm x 45mm legs?

Thanks, it’s my first ever DIY project, I spent a few days planning and it came out just as I hoped!

the table is totally over engineered, It can take the weight of a couple of people and I didn’t even put in some bracing I allowed for lol. the posts are 75x75 so they are proper solid. I was limited to the wood that was available for delivery from Wickes so I just got the only post they had. I could have done it with 2x4 all round I guess. I used a wider/deeper timber purely for the top for aesthetics.

the screws holding them are coach screws, and decking screws for the decking and countersunk. All pre drill first before putting them in.

I went for C16 treated timber so they should last outside plus I applied a coat of decking protector all over them to add a layer of protection.

At the bottom of the feet are a nut with a screw-in rubber feet with has a ball joint so it can sit on the garden and adjust to the surface 360 degrees. The screw has 25mm thread so that way allowance for any uneven ground, instead of using a wedge. The raised feet will also mean the feet are not touching the ground so less likely to rot.

I put some brass hooks and cooper pipe on the side to hang things like watering can. Brass and copper don’t rust but they tarnish so should add character as they age.

to minimise cuts, the table is sized to the timber, so the posts come in at 1800mm lengths, 1 cut and I have 2x900mm posts which is the height of the table. Same goes for the width and length. The other timber comes in at 2400mm, so cut them at 1600/800 and that’s my width and length. Add to the thickness it’s just under 900mm. The decking comes in at 3600mm lengths, so cut a piece into 900mm lengths and get 4 planks for the surface which means I have zero off cuts to waste (bar a few mm here and there as they could be 2390mm long).

Associate
Thanks, it’s my first ever DIY project, I spent a few days planning and it came out just as I hoped!

the table is totally over engineered, It can take the weight of a couple of people and I didn’t even put in some bracing I allowed for lol. the posts are 75x75 so they are proper solid. I was limited to the wood that was available for delivery from Wickes so I just got the only post they had. I could have done it with 2x4 all round I guess. I used a wider/deeper timber purely for the top for aesthetics.

the screws holding them are coach screws, and decking screws for the decking and countersunk. All pre drill first before putting them in.

I went for C16 treated timber so they should last outside plus I applied a coat of decking protector all over them to add a layer of protection.

At the bottom of the feet are a nut with a screw-in rubber feet with has a ball joint so it can sit on the garden and adjust to the surface 360 degrees. The screw has 25mm thread so that way allowance for any uneven ground, instead of using a wedge. The raised feet will also mean the feet are not touching the ground so less likely to rot.

I put some brass hooks and cooper pipe on the side to hang things like watering can. Brass and copper don’t rust but they tarnish so should add character as they age.

to minimise cuts, the table is sized to the timber, so the posts come in at 1800mm lengths, 1 cut and I have 2x900mm posts which is the height of the table. Same goes for the width and length. The other timber comes in at 2400mm, so cut them at 1600/800 and that’s my width and length. Add to the thickness it’s just under 900mm. The decking comes in at 3600mm lengths, so cut a piece into 900mm lengths and get 4 planks for the surface which means I have zero off cuts to waste (bar a few mm here and there as they could be 2390mm long).

I truly appreciate all the detail you've gone into here. Getting my first little project underway is exciting, I'm just waiting for delivery of some relevant tools to get me going.
I'll post a picture of mine once finished, although I don't think it'll be quite as smart! :D

Caporegime
I truly appreciate all the detail you've gone into here. Getting my first little project underway is exciting, I'm just waiting for delivery of some relevant tools to get me going.
I'll post a picture of mine once finished, although I don't think it'll be quite as smart! :D

Get a sanding block and 180 grit sandpaper to smooth off the edges after cuts. I would apply the oil to the wood after you cut them before screwing them together, especially to the end where you made the cut as they would be exposed from the treated.

Good luck! It's very satisfying seeing the work you've done in the garden :D

rOY6rPH.jpg

Associate
Love the flooring. I that wood effect tiles? Plants look cool too ;)

Thanks. Yes, porcelain wood effect. I really like them and they're easy to keep clean.

The stuff of dreams!

My problem is, I spend ages organising things then the Mrs "can't find anything".

Two days later the house has been turned upside down :(

I feel for you, must be frustrating :(

My wife and I spent a lot of time organising things together so we generally both know where most of our stuff is.

Caporegime
ooo nice think James Hoffman uses that grinder I was looking at it :D

He does! If it’s good enough for him then it’s good enough for me!

+3 hipster levels
+10 proficiency in coffee grinding
Coffee addict achievement unlocked

I still don’t see myself as a hipster but I’ll take the proficiency points :D

Caporegime
If you feel like recouping the costs to carry on saving for a house let me know ;)

I kid but I do envy you its meant to be an amazing piece of kit. What machine you got to go with it?

Gaggia Classic, I’ve had it over a decade so it’s the older model. I also make V60 now and again if I am too impatient to wait for the machine to warm up.

Soldato
Gaggia Classic, I’ve had it over a decade so it’s the older model. I also make V60 now and again if I am too impatient to wait for the machine to warm up.

Ah lovely, what grinder was you using before? I've got a Sage barista express, great machine,one of my friends has a gaggia (the latest model so fixed a few issues the previous 2 generations had), and while it does make a better shot its not good enough to justify having to buy a new machine and a separate grinder (because lets be honest if you need a grinder you'd be a fool not buy a niche now which cost more than my barista express alone!). So next upgrade will be a big one but the other half might kill me if I do it anytime soon.

v60 does make a cracking brew for how easy and cheap they are. If I want black coffee I pretty much always go v60 over an americano

Back
Top Bottom