£1200 Spec Help Please

Associate
hey, you guys have helped out a friend of mine recently and i was hoping you could do the same for me!

any tips on a basket of parts would be amazing

budget: £1000 - £1250

needed:
  • a windows license.
  • tower
  • graphics & ram
  • cpu & mobo
  • power supply
  • any other typical components i've missed
not needed:
  • keyboard
  • mouse
  • monitor
wanted (if in budget):
  • quiet / water cooling
I've also heard that ryzen is really good but dont know the differences and intel always used to be the best. Could you explain your choice?

The PC will be used for:
CSGO
Hearthstone
Watching Streams
Runescape

Soldato
Presume you need an SSD drive for the OS and storage :p I've posted this in a thread earlier already for the same budget... Fits your criteria to so here it is again.

You can grab a W10 OEM key from a popular auction site for only a few quid. OcUK don't seem to have stock of W10 licenses atm anyway - so that saves you ~£100 ;)

Ryzen CPUs provide much better performance over Intel's current offering for a lot less money compared. The 3600 is the perfect chip with 6 cores, 12 threads and gives you great performance for only £180. 16GB RAM is ample for future proofing and gaming atm. 1TB NVMe is usually plenty for your OS and a bunch of games. PSU is also great and will work with a GPU upgrade in later years if needed (if more power hungry). The mobo has good VRMs, 2x M.2 slots (so you can another NVMe drive if needed later on) and PCIe 4.0 further helping future proof any newer GPUs that utilise PCIe 4.0 if you upgraded it later on.

The 5700 XT is a fantastic GPU that can run the majority of game's with max settings @ 1080p very well, it can even do 1440p at a good frame rate too. It will last you many years and for now, will be overkill tbh for your current games. It's currently on sale with £40 off, so a great deal :p

The case is entirely personal preference, I just find the P400 Air a good choice for the price. You can go for pretty much any other ATX case, just try do some quick research for reviews and ensure it has good airflow etc.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,160.89 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom