Advice on how I should tube my first loop

Associate
Hi all.

I'm looking for some advice on how to tube my first watercooled pc please.

I'll be switching the top radiator around so its facing the other way. I'd also like to use the top of the res as an inlet.

Can someone help me do a diagram on the best way to do my runs that will look the best and be the most efficient please?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

upload images online

Soldato
Depends on what you're using.

Flexi tube then pump-bottom rad- behind mobo tray-top rad-cpu-gpu-top of res.

Hardline then a similar setup utilising a tube behind the tray will make it much neater.

Associate
OP
Originally I thought something like this but didn't know if there was a better way?

Not sure if the cpu config is the wrong way around as well?

Soldato
Loop order doesn't matter - water temp will come to its equilibrium. Just make sure you get the inlet and outlets are right for the blocks and the pump and the D5 is not run dry.

Soldato
The above and try to avoid as many connectors as possible

Each additional connector is a potential for leak

each 90 bend also affects the flow of water so affects the performance. It may be small but it does have an effect.

you got 2x360 radiators, that’s quite a bit of hydraulic pressure sink there. Make sure your pump is plenty powerful otherwise you will be looking at an early retirement.

Also does that case really need that many fans. :). It’s got more fan density that a nuclear reactor. There is air flow case and there is mobile wind tunnel. That many fans definitely falls into the latter category. :D.

Last edited:
Associate
Off topic sorry but is this the pc011? I have been looking for a new case and thought about this as well as I have thick 420mm rad

Reading his project thread it's the XL. The o11 will only take a 280 or a 360 - there isn't enough space for a 420..

Back
Top Bottom