Anybody got a Water flosser? Can you recommend?

Soldato
(If you don't know what I am talking about, it is basically a jet-wash for your teeth)

Many choices out there. Any personal recommendations?

(Price is not the main factor, I don't mind an expensive product if it has benefits over a cheaper one)

Cheers....

Soldato
Maybe try a unijet syringe first, had one after wisdom teeth removal,
I don't think the products will either have the power, or the manouverability/effectiveness versus good quality floss,
they look like a large, clean up deal, too, including the close-up mirror you'd need .

Soldato
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071HZV1H7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4EhaFbK7GPCDX

Recently picked this up although it was on a hefty discount at the time (I paid £58)

It's very very powerful on high...... Like make your gums bleed powerful. I use it on medium and its very effective.

Can mix mouthwash into the reservoir with warm water.

Don't need a mirror or anything which you wouldn't be able to use anyway as you have to keep your lips closed to the prevent spray everywhere! Did I say it was powerful?

It's very easy to use, you just aim and move the tip along your gum line, you can do it by feel and don't need sight.

I got it as I hate floss, it causes me more pain and discomfort which ultimately means I don't bother. Waterfloassing is quick and easy. There isn't clean up as such either. Just rinse the whole (waterproof) unit under tap and put away.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I have one of these, seems to work really well. Make sure you don't turn them up to the max setting until you're used to them. Looks like this may be a newer version mind. It plugs into the shaver socket so no batteries to worry about.

From what I remember reading when buying it, you want to make sure you buy one that keeps jetting out a constant stream of water - some of the cheaper ones you just press a button and get a quick squirt of water. This one is constant.

Soldato
I have the battery powered waterpik. I run it off rechargeables. It's great, but has recently died after about a year's use. That seems quite common. They do come with a 2 year warranty, but don't expect them to last. Factor that into how much you're willing to pay.

Also, they're not a replacement for flossing, but flossing and waterpiking is a good combo. Better than just flossing. I have some gum recession (and a deep gum pocket) at one of my wisdom teeth and just waterpiked it for 6 months and it got worse. Flossing and waterpiking and it's stabilised again. I go to the hygenist every 12 weeks due to this so have a good idea what works.

Associate
I was told about water flossers from a friend who recently had braces put on, but i was skeptical at first then ended up buying Waterpulse V700p from masterfloss.com/ for me and the Mrs and i must admit i wish i bought this flosser much earlier, it really works much better than normal flossing.

Soldato
I've got a mains powered waterpik. Really impressed with it and use it fairly frequently. I wouldn't say it's a total replacement for floss but better at getting food out from behind wisdom teeth and once set up easier to do than flossing.

Soldato
Dad got a mains powered pro waterpik,does not use it much as we have not got a shaver socket in the bathrooms so have to take and fill the unit at the sink
I have a cheaper rechargeable unit that is great only cost about £30

Soldato
My dentist recommended the sonicare airfloss, the ones you can use mouthwash with.
He did say it was not worth paying full price and to wait for a sale and to use with regular floss.

I'm tempted by one. Does any one have one, would you recommend it?

Back
Top Bottom