Legendary Movie Composer Ennio Morricone Dies at 91

Caporegime
A true legend among movie composers. I doubt Leone’s spaghetti westerns including the dollars trilogy would have been nearly as successful as it has been over the years without Ennio’s music. Main theme to GB&U must be the most recognisable piece of music to have ever existed.

RIP indeed.

Soldato
I will miss him massively, he invented hip hop, drum and bass and dubstep decades before they existed. His avant garde music is incredible and his soundtracks can be listened to independently of the films and still be insane.

Read along the lyrics for extra tears

Soldato
If you hunger for more you can check out his friend and fellow composer who he worked with a lot in the early days and beyond.

Bruno Nicolai, his music has a similar sound style and feel and is awesome too

Track one of Gli Fumavano Le Colt will give you an idea, but its not just the western sounding stuff

Soldato
He really was a legend. There is so much of his work I haven't even heard yet and I shall do so once I'm settled in my new place.

This will be always be one of my favourites of his. Wish I was there to experience this.

Soldato
Very late on this one but read this thread and had to comment. I loved his work especially on the spagetti westerns. Ecstasy of Gold is simply one of the best themes ever even heard it on an advert the other day but there are so many more like Gabriel's Oboe or Chi Mai. RIP Maestro.

Danish National Orchestra does a very good live version

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom