Sold Vehicle a week later turbo issues

Soldato
Just tell him you can't help out, as by doing so would be seen as an admission of guilt that you knew something was wrong prior to selling it. You were completely upfront and honest about the true condition of the vehicle, and you therefore sold it in good faith.

Echoing some of the other posts that have said the guy had it for 2 weeks, he could have done some decent mileage in that time, or driven in a way that might have caused some damage.

The guy must have ****** someone off badly to suffer a big dose of karma.

I wouldn't even go to the lengths of trying to get him a better quote either. He's more than capable of phoning round a few garages to get a quote for the repairs.

Caporegime
so, guys been on the phone to me this morning and hes upset so much so i can hear it in his voice, he cannot afford to get the van repaired
hes asking for a contribution towards it and i feel so much for him i dont know what to do

also hes a friend of a friend so whist i probably wont see him again but hes not a unknown quantity

waiting for the garage to call me back so i can find out whats happened to it from them

so i like to think i am a reasonable person and i am tempted to help out

what would you do? bearing in mind hes not messed about with the engine and turbo at all
and were talking 25k purchase price

Why are you asking us what we would do?

It's pretty obvious to me you feel guilty and want to give him money or pay for it.

Do what you want it's your life and you are an adult.

Me personally I'd tell him to do one and I have done so for some idiot that bought a washing machine off me for buttons and proceeded to break it in front of me by dragging it through 4 feet high snow.

When he told me it was flooding his kitchen 4 hours later I told him I wasn't surprised as all the electrics would have been screwed after being covered in water.

He said he dried it and I just laughed and told him it would take several days to dry out.

Associate
dont give in. if you do it could become a nightmare in the long run.

i know the feeling you sold it for a reasonable amount so feel you ought to contribute , but dont it will end bad.

Soldato
Worse things can happen, i had a cambelt snap on a Pug 406 literally 3 minutes away from where I bought the car. We didn't even get to the main road before the engine lunched itself.

Soldato
If you knew nothing of the fault before you sold it there's nothing to do, your obligation to contribute to the maintainance and repairs of the van ended when you sold it. As the saying goes "**** happens", unlucky and untimely, but that's life.

Soldato
Tough one OP. I probably would consider it, but it depends on the situation.

£5k sounds a lot for the repair. A VW crate engine is probably less. What van is it?

Back
Top Bottom