• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX570 not being seen.

Associate
Brand new Gigabyte Z490 VISION G 4.8GHz Intel i7 10700 - 32GB RAM with 500w PS
Need a DVI output, so bought a new Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX570 4G

Win10 Pro fresh install on a new SSD.

The RX570 does sort of work in that I have a DVI output, but not with the correct driver. Device manager shows a RX570 driver, but Code 43. Win10 never said new hardware found, but obviously found the driver.

The Radeon software won't run - says graphics card not present. On installing it, it said it loading drivers, etc.

I've Googled till my fingers hurt and tried pretty well every suggestion. I'm too old to be a geek, but have built several PCs before and always managed to get them working.

Associate
OP
Yes - latest Bios. In the Bios, it doesn't report the graphics card being present as such - just something in PCI EX 1. Instructions for the MB don't say if it should report the GPU model. I'd expect it to somewhere - in the same was as it reports HD etc makes and spec.

As regards an earlier driver, no success on finding one on the Gigabyte site.

Associate
OP
Un-installed the software and drivers, and installed the earliest version of Adrenalin. Exactly the same error. Try to run the software and it says 'No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your graphics card'. Yet a driver for Radeon RX570 Series appears in device manager with Code 43 fault.

Not sure how long my wall will last with my head banging against it.

Associate
OP
When you say recognised, in what way? The Bios merely seems to say there is something in the PCI Ex slot - not what it is. I am wondering about the GPU. Was bought off Ebay as new - but arrived in an enormous box full of bubble wrap - but no antistatic bag for the unit, or instructions, software or maker's packaging, etc. It does sort of work in that this monitor is plugged into it. But the Windows driver doesn't give the correct setting for it.

To try it in the other PCI Ex slot would require me moving the HDs around - due to its length.

Soldato
When you say recognised, in what way? The Bios merely seems to say there is something in the PCI Ex slot - not what it is. I am wondering about the GPU. Was bought off Ebay as new - but arrived in an enormous box full of bubble wrap - but no antistatic bag for the unit, or instructions, software or maker's packaging, etc. It does sort of work in that this monitor is plugged into it. But the Windows driver doesn't give the correct setting for it.

To try it in the other PCI Ex slot would require me moving the HDs around - due to its length.

If it’s sold as new and comes without the original packaging and documentation I’d be sending it back anyway. A genuinely new card would still be in its box. Was it suspiciously cheap?

Associate
OP
£150 plus postage. RX570 4G seem to have a very wide price range depending on maker and new or used. I went for a Gigabyte version thinking it would be more likely to work with my Gigabyte MB. I'd hate to return it to the seller if the problem is this end. That wouldn't be fair.

Soldato
This is the eBay definition of new:

A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in the original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in the retail shop. If the item comes straight from the manufacturer it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.

If it doesn’t fulfil that then the problem is definitely the seller’s rather than yours whether or not the card is faulty.

Man of Honour
£150 plus postage. RX570 4G seem to have a very wide price range depending on maker and new or used. I went for a Gigabyte version thinking it would be more likely to work with my Gigabyte MB. I'd hate to return it to the seller if the problem is this end. That wouldn't be fair.

Thats why you need to try it in another pc .

Associate
OP
This is the eBay definition of new:

If it doesn’t fulfil that then the problem is definitely the seller’s rather than yours whether or not the card is faulty.

Vendor says he ticked than box in error. And meant as new. Whatever that means.

I do have a second desktop, but pretty old and may not do PCI Ex 3. And it doesn't have a PS with the correct 12v connector for the GPU.

Associate
If it was me, return would be a good option.
It is clear misselling.
Alternatively try card on different pc , then u will know if it's any good.

Soldato
The seller has admitted to an erroneous listing. He sold as new, has later said he meant "as new", which is actually used. He also didn't secure it correctly with suitable packaging. And now the card doesn't actually work.

It's duff, return it and maybe report the seller as a scammer.

Back
Top Bottom