Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
Somewhere in the region of £1200-£1400, but as ever sold too soon. I'm not complaining or being greedy, just acknowledging my blindspots when it comes to this game - not letting winners ride.

I get annoyed if I made a mistake. Sometimes events happen you can't predict. Tough learning curve isn't it

Soldato
Had a nice fat holding of AA since 25p. Happy to watch the takeover and rise.

Sat on the sidelines while many shares jumped and happy to see some of mine finally pop.

Soldato
Obviously not after financial advice here, but if i hold shares in an ISA with Fidelity.

What is the process if i wanted to transfer my entire holdings to someone else?

I know there'd be potential taxes etc involved, but just trying to get an idea of how to do it at this stage (Trying to get my dad thinking about Inheritance planning, as at the moment he's not eligible for a NRB as he's Spanish resident)

if your shares are inside the ISA, then just transfer "in Specie" and they would just move to the new ISA wrapper and everything stays the same. Nothing gets sold etc

Soldato
if your shares are inside the ISA, then just transfer "in Specie" and they would just move to the new ISA wrapper and everything stays the same. Nothing gets sold etc

Ah that’s interesting thanks. It’s not something I’ve heard of.

Will look into it properly tomorrow but looks like there’s just the transfer fees to consider.

I need to check with him on values, but I’m fairly sure I’m talking 6 figures hence why I’m keen not to pay 50% IHT :p

Only some of that could go into an ISA I assume.

Maybe i need to get some actual advice!

Caporegime
Intel are below 50 and were hardly lower even during the crash in April. They have had a (deservedly) rough ride with not being able to get past 14nm and with their terrible management of their business, and then this latest Cyber attack.

However, they are a 72bn revenue business (AMD is in comparison only 6.75bn) and there is zero doubt in my mind that when Tiger Lake is released and their fabrication issues are sorted that they will be back to 80+ in value and will progress again very quickly. AMD have earned a well-deserved boost thanks to their outstanding work on their architectures, but this is only a temporary reprieve against such a behemoth and you can be sure that Intel will not be caught napping like this again any time soon.

I'm hoping to get 50-100% return within the next 18 months.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah that’s interesting thanks. It’s not something I’ve heard of.

Will look into it properly tomorrow but looks like there’s just the transfer fees to consider.

I need to check with him on values, but I’m fairly sure I’m talking 6 figures hence why I’m keen not to pay 50% IHT :p

Only some of that could go into an ISA I assume.

Maybe i need to get some actual advice!

sorry - just to be clear - are you talking about transferring your own shares inside an ISA ?? Or were you talking about on the death of your dad and his shares/ISA?

They are very different situations with very different options.....

Soldato
sorry - just to be clear - are you talking about transferring your own shares inside an ISA ?? Or were you talking about on the death of your dad and his shares/ISA?

They are very different situations with very different options.....

Sorry, i thought i'd mentioned. It would be my dad gifting the shares to me to remove them from his estate.

I'm aware that CGT would be payable on the value of the transfer (if they're outside of an ISA), along with SDRT by me. Although i'm sure he's sat on a hefty loss at the moment (he's the worst kind of investor. Has plenty of cash but absolutely no idea with regards to financials so follows tip websites!).

Just wasn't sure the process, as i'm sure there must be a better process than selling the shares, gifting me the money and then i re-buy.

EDIT - Although thinking about it, that may actually not be the worst option. Assuming 100k then SDRT would be £500, assuming £10/trade, then i'd imagine costs would be less than that. It's just the risk of price variations in the few days between transfers. Although could be mitigated if he transferred cash to buy at the same time as he sold his and then the proceeds just replaced the cash he had (i'm fairly sure he has cash at that level. I really need to get him to sit down with me to go through it all because he has banks all around the world from when he worked in various countries in South America/Middle/Far East)

Last edited:
Associate
im more long term, i have a bunch of shares in various areas, they just sit there and i sell some when i need some extra cash, atm im selling them, i also do long term with crypto
iv not bought any shares in the last 5 years, instead i now buy crypto and do it as a long term pure gamble
if i get lucky and a company or currency is up at a point when i need some cash great, these days im more interested in switching my assets/savings into a passive income stream, the sooner i can operate on a passive income that i can live on, then i can sit back and enjoy life rather than always being stressed at the edge of my seat
if you bought £5000 of bitcoin around march 13th, selling it now would be £50k same with ether, in my case i put off a gpu upgrade, chucked 50/50 into bitcoin/ether
so rather than me looking at it as a ongoing daily game, i just wait for a big good reason crash, hopefully have some quickly accessible cash elsewhere, check the price history assume it will go back up to its previous price and then just take the risk, little to no research dealing with small enough amounts so that when it goes to nothing i wont panic
i bought in march, iv now sold enough to leave me with what i put in to start with, i think of it as a hobby not an income, if it happens to help me to build up a passive income then great

Soldato
im more long term, i have a bunch of shares in various areas, they just sit there and i sell some when i need some extra cash, atm im selling them, i also do long term with crypto
iv not bought any shares in the last 5 years, instead i now buy crypto and do it as a long term pure gamble
if i get lucky and a company or currency is up at a point when i need some cash great, these days im more interested in switching my assets/savings into a passive income stream, the sooner i can operate on a passive income that i can live on, then i can sit back and enjoy life rather than always being stressed at the edge of my seat
if you bought £5000 of bitcoin around march 13th, selling it now would be £50k same with ether, in my case i put off a gpu upgrade, chucked 50/50 into bitcoin/ether
so rather than me looking at it as a ongoing daily game, i just wait for a big good reason crash, hopefully have some quickly accessible cash elsewhere, check the price history assume it will go back up to its previous price and then just take the risk, little to no research dealing with small enough amounts so that when it goes to nothing i wont panic
i bought in march, iv now sold enough to leave me with what i put in to start with, i think of it as a hobby not an income, if it happens to help me to build up a passive income then great

Bitcoin 13th March - $5181
Bitcoin 11th August - $11880

There's been a 129.3% raise. Therefore, if you bought £5000 then you'd have £11,465. Sure, a good rise but not 10 fold!

VQNlgX2.png

Back
Top Bottom