• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
After the latest Gigabyte video with all that heat in the room maybe them. The Tsar bomb cooling edition Aorus Extreme

Actually as you say that I immediately pictured one model and one model only: the legendary 290x lightning. This is what an Ampere Tsar card should be. :D

k2_items_src_0243cbf1978673fe443d7558de6ab4f0-960x540.jpg

Soldato
Actually as you say that I immediately pictured one model and one model only: the legendary 290x lightning. This is what an Ampere Tsar card should be. :D

pressshot.jpg

That card was something really good as well. Was one of the only models that could take it to the 780ti in Firestrike. Some getting to 1350 mhz if i remember correctly. Msi don't seem to really care much about AMD these days.

Associate
My thoughts at the moment

Those of you who panic sold the 2080ti so u can get the 3080 think u going to loose the most.

3080 going to be limited stock for months prices will increase like the 2080 ti at release.
this will drive the price of 2080ti back up.

3080 is going to run too hot and throttle and have very little headroom

not sure about the ddr6x ddr6 was a total space invader to start with. Be great if there is no problems but I won’t bet money on it.

what games are actually coming out this year or next that are going to raise that next gen bar only thing I’m excited about is cyberpunk 2077.

thinking we are going to get some shocks when the reviews drops.

I do hope they drop a 12gb ddr6x 3080ti but can’t see it happening

Soldato
The 3080 puts my Vega to shame in power usage and the 3090 well backup generators are needed from what i heard. You also have to game in a walk in freezer.

Are you sure? Toms hardware review from a google search says vega 64 cards would pull 400w from a mild overclock

Associate
3080 is going to run too hot and throttle and have very little headroom
FE at least has only slightly more TDP (on paper) than the MSI 2080Ti Gaming X Trio, and that was absolutely fine.

thinking we are going to get some shocks when the reviews drops.
I think you might be right to some degree. It won't be as good as has been made out. It can't be.

Soldato
Damn so expensive though. I just needed it as a convienant port to plug into my AVR for the audio. I could just make-do with display port but sourcing a good adaptor is tough. Might wait to see if we get any price drops on these models. Hmm....... Wish there was a cheaper GPU which has this elusive extra port.

If you have a TV with eARC and LPCM then you just need one HDMI 2.1 port into the TV, that's what I'm doing anyway

Soldato
Damn so expensive though. I just needed it as a convienant port to plug into my AVR for the audio. I could just make-do with display port but sourcing a good adaptor is tough. Might wait to see if we get any price drops on these models. Hmm....... Wish there was a cheaper GPU which has this elusive extra port.
Looks like the much cheaper £649 Asus TUF 3080 also has 2x HDMI ports
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-44h-as.html

- Connectivity:
2x Native HDMI 2.1
3x Native DisplayPort 1.4a "

Soldato
Can you not just use a Displayport > HDMI adapter or cable?

Displayport 1.4 doesn't match HDMI 2.1 specs, you'd be sacrificing either audio or image. HDMI 2.1 allows 8k 60fps 4:4:4 10 bit HDR and eARC (with Dolby Atmos) - while Displayport 1.4 cannot match that output.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Displayport 1.4 doesn't match HDMI 2.1 specs, you'd be sacrificing either audio or image. HDMI 2.1 allows 8k 60fps 4:4:4 10 bit HDR and eARC (with Dolby Atmos) - while Displayport 1.4 cannot match that output.

Do you have 2x 2.1 screen though only 1 that really needs it is lgs oled ?

Associate
Anyone think the 3080 is over the top for gaming at 1440p (16:9)? I'm starting to wonder if I should just get the 3070 for my needs...
I asked the same question a few pages back, and was basically told that there is no such thing as over the top / overkill. It will be nice to run 144/165 1440p stable with all the graphics options maxed rather than having to mess about with dropping options to claw back some FPS.

Back
Top Bottom