Next door nightmare

Caporegime
Thanks. Its a detached so lesson learnt there!

So much better .

You just never know who your neighbours are going to be.
Feel for your buyers.

I lived in end of terrace (rent) and could hear the bulimia (wretching) and swearing at kids. It wasn't even regular but was hard to deal with.

Can't imagine what it's like when it's bad

Associate
I moved to escape a noisy renter next door - best thing I ever did. I spent 6 months getting my house into a good state to sell and LITERALLY as the estate agents were hammering in my 'for sale' sign the neigbours moved out !

I still sold as I couldn't face the chance of another scum-bag next door.

You cannot reason with people acting like that, as reasonable people don't act that way.

I did consider renting the house next door to keep it empty while I sold, but luckily they'd trashed it to such a degree it was still empty by the time I'd completed the sale of mine.

Soldato
OP
So much better .

You just never know who your neighbours are going to be.
Feel for your buyers.

I lived in end of terrace (rent) and could hear the bulimia (wretching) and swearing at kids. It wasn't even regular but was hard to deal with.

Can't imagine what it's like when it's bad

Honestly it's a complete game changer and very happy now.

I sold in the end to a landlord myself and 10k under asking so I don't feel that bad. Hopefully he moves someone in like minded but to be honest I dont really care. Lesson learnt.

The advice on here was move.... And good advice that was. Worked out for me but I guess some people are stuck with these situations for years.

Permabanned
Just a quick update, I did the only thing I could and have now moved house.

I am sorry you had to do that, but it was the right decision. It's often not a good idea to fight these people. It's a relentless struggle and can be a huge toll on your mental health. People often get riled up and fight but unless you completely understand who you are fighting you may be wasting your time. Some people have issues, end of, and fighting them is like fighting a storm. No matter how much you think you're going to win, you aren't. Nope, better to just leave and put it behind you.

Back
Top Bottom