What is your thermostat temp?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nest is set to 21.5 only place was at the top of the stairs so once it's up to temp rest of the house is 20c more or less.

Have a mate where it is like walking into a sauna and the windows are open. His wife is a bit dim :)

Permabanned
Personally I like it about 18 degrees. A little cool or **** freezing as my sister would say. I really don't like it to be hot in the house and the bedroom is even colder. My brother used to keep his at 22, but I found that just crazy.

Soldato
I have mine set at 19, missus likes to sit under a blanket so thats enough for us, I wear shorts all year round though so she's the one who's ever cold.

Soldato
Got new boiler, thermostat and rads recently. Currently have it set to:
Morning and Evenings = 20.5c
Night = 16c
Day = 18c

We have a 30 minute 22c boost when we feel we need it during the day.

Soldato
It's set to 18c throughout the day with an hour burst to 20c at 6:30am and 6pm. I do find myself turning it up manually throughout the day though since I've been working from home.

I have been looking at a smart thermostat recently, it would probably pay for itself in 2 years.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

24, but that's because the hive is near a radiator and the rest of the house doesn't get near that

You need to balance your CH system.

The nest thermostat should be in a room with a rad that has no trv (hallway is ideal) then you adjust all other rads to hit the same temp.

Associate
22-23c. Which is so hot I normally walk round the house in shorts and a T-shirt complaining is too hot, whilst my wife wears a woolly jumper/cardigan (and a thick blanket if she is sitting on the sofa) complaining she is still freezing.

Soldato
OP
22-23c. Which is so hot I normally walk round the house in shorts and a T-shirt complaining is too hot, whilst my wife wears a woolly jumper/cardigan (and a thick blanket if she is sitting on the sofa) complaining she is still freezing.

lol

they are by far the hottest temps on here so far..

Associate
lol

they are by far the hottest temps on here so far..

I don’t recommend it to be honest. Way way too hot.

Even in the summer the thermostat is set to 22-23 and we still have a high tog duvet on the bed. I think it’s a 13.5.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my wife is some form of ice witch.

Back
Top Bottom