*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Associate
Thanks. I understand the cal counting part, its easy to get in a routine of your breakfast, lunch and tea and just know what each are. I'm going to start the couch to 5k later this month and hopefully this will add more exercise to my usual 10k steps a day.

Best of luck Andybtsn I really mean that.

Associate
Thanks, I'm determined this year, but I say it every year :D :( It's getting easier piling it on and harder removing it the older i get too!

On the late night carb raids, I've been using these for the last few months, now bare with me lol they seem terrible but they are really tasty and definitely when playing cyberpunk later on in the evening stopped me from wanting more. Healthy snackage!

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/297682889

Soldato
OP
My biggest flaw is late night eating, I will have my tea at 6ish but come 10/11 I'm starving and usually binge a load of carbs :(

Same here and there's definitely a correlation between going to bed hungry and me not sleeping well/getting up during the night. I had set myself a resolution for 2020 to eat less after 7pm, but tbh that just meant I needed to eat more before 7pm to get me through, so binned it. I often find it easier to go very low on cals through the morning and lunch, so I can load up a little later in the day... so I sleep better and still hit my cals target.

Man of Honour
Don't forget theres no problem eating 5 minutes before bed if you wish, as long as you're not over eating through the whole day you'll still lose weight.

I eat the vast majority of my kcals in the couple of hours before bed as that works best for me.

Soldato
I've started a diet today, I'm nearly 15stone and want to get back to 13 stone or lower. A calorie counting app says I can get to 13 stone by August on 2400 calories per day, on on 1900 calories per day I can get to 13stone by late April. I've selected the quicker option.

One of my main pitfalls is eating lots when cycling in the warmer months but then continuing with a high calorie intake when I'm not cycling, so I'm going to try and be scientific this year and match my intake with exercise done more closely.

Also I'm going to substitute the nasty crisps and chocolate biscuits I eat for fruit.

I just need to get in the right mindset and keep going when things inevitably get tough from time to time.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Same here and there's definitely a correlation between going to bed hungry and me not sleeping well/getting up during the night. I had set myself a resolution for 2020 to eat less after 7pm, but tbh that just meant I needed to eat more before 7pm to get me through, so binned it. I often find it easier to go very low on cals through the morning and lunch, so I can load up a little later in the day... so I sleep better and still hit my cals target.

I can't sleep on an empty stomach. I woke up a few days ago at 3am craving food. I knew it was because I had less carbs in the day. So I made toast with mayo and cheese...

Slept like a baby after that.

Soldato
Dammit. Forgot to weigh myself this morning as intended as today is my main starting day after Christmas with being back at work.

Yesterday binged on Sports Mix and Nik Naks!

I don’t think I’ve piled on as much as I did last year though when I put in around 5kg. I’d like to hit 90kg (7ish kg) by the time I have my 45 mile run the first weekend of Feb, but I’m also cautiously remembering last year where I focused too much on weight loss and didn’t eat enough to sustain myself on long runs.

Had porridge for breakfast and yesterday I made a big batch of soup for my dinners. I find having that premade makes life a lot easier and eating the same thing every day doesn’t bother me.

Soldato
That's fantastic progress ic1male - I am stating roughly the same (slightly lower i think - weigh in Monday) and aiming for sub 80KG - I have been to 90KG before and felt fantastic and "fit" so time to knuckle down!

Soldato
Looks a good progress although BMI doesn't really work that well for me and few others as I carry some muscle on me. Saying that, I have left the obese territory few months back so that's something!

Best part is that comfortably fit into 34" jeans with even little room to spare so definitely look better now too. Did some private bloodwork too with one of those sites and things look really good, cholesterol alone is fantastic compared to when I had the bloods taken few years ago.

I have found myself hitting the wall around 100kg mark where I'm at now so need to come up with something different to break past that.

Soldato
Weighed myself today. 96.1kg, so not too bad.

Have also registered with a PT, he was offering slightly discounted 121 outdoor sessions due to the lockdown and a free up of his time otherwise. Mainly aiming to just get some strength work done to build a better base for running, then might join for group sessions when they re-open.

Soldato
what are peoples thoughts on meal replacement shakes. going back to work on Thursday after the holidays and need to change my lifestyle. I leave the house at 5am and the fist thing i do is crack a can of either monster or red bull/supermarket variant. I don't eat anything till my first break at 10am. between then i am struggling to keep awake if it is not overly busy. i am going to replace the energy drinks with the sneak stuff, just to try it out for now. i also want to try a meal replacement shake such as USN diet fuel to get me through to my first break.

Soldato
OP
I've been using Huel as a one meal pretty much every day for almost two years now I guess. I like it, if you find the flavour that suits you. For me, either vanilla, or coffee, with some instant coffee, almond milk and a flavoured sweetener. It wont be just that, usually a yogurt and a protein bar too. On a day off that would usually be my lunch, if I'm working that will usually be my evening meal. It fills me as much as an actual meal would. In either case I'm usually hungry two hours after eating. At least if I've controlled calories at the 'meal' stage, I don't feel bad having a snack a few hours later.

Soldato
Yeah if you're going to go meal replacement go Huel or one of those ilk rather than the bodybuilding meal replacement shakes because the nutritional profile is usually much better as far as vitamins, minerals, efa's, fibre etc.

Soldato
So how's everyone doing then after the first week?

My weight hasn't really changed, although i did end up having an Indian on Saturday night.....

Have struggled this last week with not snacking. Think from grazing constantly over Christmas it's difficult to get my mindset away from that.

Back
Top Bottom