Would you trust Amazon Medication?

Man of Honour
Yes, but they only sell cosmetics, herbal remedies and supplements.

Pain killers and all prescription drugs are only available at physical pharmacies.

France's strange brand of technophobe backwater protectionism isn't something to aspire to or that serves people well though.

Soldato
Can't be anywhere as efficient as me ordering a prescription via my GP's online portal and then getting a text message the next day (sometimes the same day depending on the time I order) telling me my order is ready to pick up at my local pharmacy, a couple of minutes down the road.

Soldato
Funnily enough I bought my first ever medication off of Amazon this morning. A tube of jock itch cream delivered same day with prime. Cheaper than Sainsbury’s

What product recommendations are you getting now :p

There is a lot of medication on amazon already being sold by third party sellers but I'd probably trust it more if it came from amazon direct.

Soldato
I've bought some medication from Amazon. Mostly, it's been vitamins but then I've got stuff like antihistamine or Fybogel from Amazon with no issues. It would be a hell of a lot easier to buy prescriptions online from anywhere than it is to go to the pharmacy. I also hate going to the post office, but now with collections that isn't an issue, but every time I go to the pharmacy there's some old dear spending 15 minutes explaining something in immense detail.

Soldato
My Drs have moved over to SystmOnline, logged in on Saturday morning and ordered my repeat prescription and it'll be ready at the pharmacy next door Thursday, the pharmacy also offer a free delivery service but I don't mind going to collect (I also collect my mother's and then drop them off for her) as it gives me a break from my work.

I've seen adverts for at least 4 companies (both online and on the telly) now that will collect your repeat prescription from the Drs, dispense it and deliver to your door for free (I assume they get paid by the NHS or Government somehow as they wouldn't do it for free would they) but I'd rather go myself as I check at the counter and can raise any discrepancies direct with the Pharmacist if required.

Soldato
My Drs have moved over to SystmOnline, logged in on Saturday morning and ordered my repeat prescription and it'll be ready at the pharmacy next door Thursday, the pharmacy also offer a free delivery service but I don't mind going to collect (I also collect my mother's and then drop them off for her) as it gives me a break from my work.

I've seen adverts for at least 4 companies (both online and on the telly) now that will collect your repeat prescription from the Drs, dispense it and deliver to your door for free (I assume they get paid by the NHS or Government somehow as they wouldn't do it for free would they) but I'd rather go myself as I check at the counter and can raise any discrepancies direct with the Pharmacist if required.
Plus you're supporting brick and mortar pharmacies. They are in significant decline.

Soldato
I've bought some medication from Amazon. Mostly, it's been vitamins but then I've got stuff like antihistamine or Fybogel from Amazon with no issues. It would be a hell of a lot easier to buy prescriptions online from anywhere than it is to go to the pharmacy. I also hate going to the post office, but now with collections that isn't an issue, but every time I go to the pharmacy there's some old dear spending 15 minutes explaining something in immense detail.

a lot of brick and mortar pharmacies are now implementing a sort of hole in the wall / cash machine 24/7 system which would suit you. Rock up go to the machine in the wall. Enter your details pay via car (if you need to) the machine gives you your prescription! Win!

Soldato
a lot of brick and mortar pharmacies are now implementing a sort of hole in the wall / cash machine 24/7 system which would suit you. Rock up go to the machine in the wall. Enter your details pay via car (if you need to) the machine gives you your prescription! Win!

I wish we had that. Ours is still run by old dears who do their best, but are not quick.

Caporegime
I don't trust Amazon SD cards due to stock co-mingling and personally receiving fake cards dispatched and sold by Amazon. Certainly not going to trust meds from them :eek:

This is a nightmare to navigate

I wonder if the anti amazon movement is soon to gain some traction.

Know a growing number of people actively avoiding amazon.
I try to avoid it if possible. If there's an item else where for similar price I'll now deliberately go elsewhere. But I still use it when it's obviously better deal (like 50 quid g502 light speed mouse) but I don't have prime

It's possible. People are becoming uncomfortable with it. A minority, but still, its a growing movement.

Something needs to be done or happen as otherwise all there will be soon is 5 or 6 foreign companies automating humans out of existence.

Of course of you want human gone, and there are many pluses to this, it could be a blessing?

Sgarrista
Commissario
My in-laws local pharmacy is a Lloyds. Lovely staff, but they move at the speed of tranquillised sloths.

The thing is the head pharmacist on duty has to take whatever youve ordered and cross reference it with your other medication history to ensure theres no potential interactions. It also has to be checked and signed off.

While the wait can be very frustrating it is a purely safety aspect and im fine waiting 20-30 minutes to make sure old bob down the road doesnt get 2 doses of blood thinning drugs which send him packing to the geezer in the clouds.

Associate
Amazon is over-run with counterfeits of everthing - blankets to batteries to printer ink.

I tend to increasingly buy stuff from more traditional retailers now just to know what the hell I'm getting. Argos/Screwfix/Boots etc

Even getting Amazon own brand stuff is no guarantee. Some of it is pretty decent and some is like opening a box of the finest chinese solvent - I had one item I literally left in the garage for a few months to off-gas before it was usable.

Back
Top Bottom