RIP Captain Tom

Associate
Maybe if there was a public campaign the Bank of England can issue a special £100 note. It would be a fantastic tribute to a man who did public service right to the end.
RIP Sir Tom.

Caporegime
RIP :( very sad to hear of his passing :(.

What a truly amazing man for what he did last year, raising all that money.

A true national hero, would be nice if they honoured him in some way ie a state funeral or maybe a medal for his charity work etc.

Associate
A true national hero and what seemed from the interviews I saw, a bloody nice bloke. Seen it all and even in old age did his best to help and unite a country.

Puts those people moaning about mask wearing etc to shame. We could all learn a lot from Captain Tom.

Permabanned
Everyone dies, but few leave such a legacy.

Sad that the very institution that he tried to save, failed to save him.

Soldato
Everyone dies, but few leave such a legacy.

Sad that the very institution that he tried to save, failed to save him.
He didn’t try to save the NHS, he raised money for charities associated with the NHS.

As has already been said, someone with COVID at 100 years old is almost certainly going to die. I suspect the NHS would have gone above and beyond given who he was.

It’s not hard to see how misinformation proliferates on these boards....

Associate
Guy was a 100 years old, something was going to get him sooner rather than later. RIP.

Imagine living to a hundred though. **** that, tbh. 100 years of feeling like i'm in my twenties, maybe.

Permabanned
Guy was a 100 years old, something was going to get him sooner rather than later. RIP.

Imagine living to a hundred though. **** that, tbh. 100 years of feeling like i'm in my twenties, maybe.

I remember what one of my relatives said about that. He said "sixties are great, seventies aren't bad, eighties are horrible and after that it gets worse by the day"!!

Back
Top Bottom