• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Return of the 1050ti

Associate
Its the bare minumum for 1080p gaming albeit at a console like experience although i wouldn't even bother trying to run the recent AAA titles on this thing.

Man of Honour
Managed to nab one, stock came in, 10 minutes later all 12 units were gone.. crazy

lol 12 units is stock now? Jesus thanks Nvidia for selling us a £100 card for £200 5 years after it release at msrp $130. What a joke! Being scammed by NV on chips they literally couldn't sell a few months ago... now they are scalping them!

Associate
lol 12 units is stock now? Jesus thanks Nvidia for selling us a £100 card for £200 5 years after it release at msrp $130. What a joke! Being scammed by NV on chips they literally couldn't sell a few months ago... now they are scalping them!

The price was £180 per unit and free next day delivery on this site, in the current market that is a steal, hence why they sold like wildfire.

G J

G J

Associate
So a 1050ti is around 680/770 levels of performance from 2012/2013 and it sold out at £180??

Do people even know or care what they're buying anymore. :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
So a 1050ti is around 680/770 levels of performance from 2012/2013 and it sold out at £180??

Do people even know or care what they're buying anymore. :confused:

When you don't have any graphics cards and can't get any you don't really have much of a choice.

The 1050TI's are the highest spec Nvidia cards available right now, the updated 1650 model which offers tiny improvements is going for £230.

That's it though, doesn't get any better, i've been searching for over a month.

Man of Honour
Look mate i'm well aware of how crazy it is, but I don't have any GPU and this is my only option right now!

Aye I can get onboard with that answer.. :) A steal it is not but if you have no choice you have no choice. But you do need to know that you have been bent over!

G J

G J

Associate
When you don't have any graphics cards and can't get any you don't really have much of a choice.

The 1050TI's are the highest spec Nvidia cards available right now, the updated 1650 model which offers tiny improvements is going for £230.

That's it though, doesn't get any better, i've been searching for over a month.

I understand it as I refuse to pay over inflated new prices esp when the price to perf is so bad tho the upside is now you can just get on with things instead of checking sites for cards as if the cost of a 1050ti is over £100 which a lot have sold for best spend abit extra for a new one you know will work and have a warrenty.

I've been after a second hand card since Jan anything resonable priced gets bought within seconds on here and the bay before I can even reply/checkout/check specs or people offer you cards to buy on the forums then leave you in the dark after a couple of weeks so I can understand how some people just cave in and think screw it.

Associate
Aye I can get onboard with that answer.. :) A steal it is not but if you have no choice you have no choice. But you do need to know that you have been bent over!

I'm being a hell of a lot less bent over when you look at percentage increase on MSRP for 1050TI's compared to any of the 30 series (that is if you can even get one). My thinking is i'll be able to sell this card when the market calms down and not lose a whole lot of money, and quite content to go through older games right now as I've been out of PC gaming for about 10 years.

When I say a steal, I mean a steal in the current crazy market of course.

Associate
I understand it as I refuse to pay over inflated new prices esp when the price to perf is so bad tho the upside is now you can just get on with things instead of checking sites for cards as if the cost of a 1050ti is over £100 which a lot have sold for best spend abit extra for a new one you know will work and have a warrenty.

I've been after a second hand card since Jan anything resonable priced gets bought within seconds on here and the bay before I can even reply/checkout/check specs or people offer you cards to buy on the forums then leave you in the dark after a couple of weeks so I can understand how some people just cave in and think screw it.

I'm done with the used GPU market, I just had to get a £120 refund for an RX570 which crashed after 2 days of use, luckily I got the refund as the seller was a good guy and lived locally, but I am not prepared to take that risk again.

I buy a lot of things used but I feel that right now the used graphics card market is full of people taking advantage and bending the truth regarding what they are selling - just trying to off load their worn down GPU's for an eye-watering price.

I'm also done with the 30 series rat race for now, I'm too busy in my life to spend hours on stupid discord servers in the hope of beating a scalper bot to a 30 series card. Will check back in over the summer.

Man of Honour
I'm being a hell of a lot less bent over when you look at percentage increase on MSRP for 1050TI's compared to any of the 30 series (that is if you can even get one). My thinking is i'll be able to sell this card when the market calms down and not lose a whole lot of money, and quite content to go through older games right now as I've been out of PC gaming for about 10 years.

When I say a steal, I mean a steal in the current crazy market of course.

I got super frustrated with the current market as well. It's unreal really that it's gone on for so long but it doesn't even look to be getting any better.

Back
Top Bottom