Fence slats on both sides?

Soldato
I’m thinking of putting fence slats on the inside of our fence for privacy. There is a walk way past the house and my thinking was that if I staggered the slats on the inside then people wouldn’t see in.

I know it will add more weight which may shorten the life of the posts but are there any other considerations? Will there be enough gap for the wind to get through without causing an issue in high winds?

Thanks.

Soldato
Struggling to picture what you're describing. Have you got one of those fences that have slats that alternate on each side. So when you look straight on you can't see through, but at an angle you can?

Maybe something lighter like a bamboo screen?

Soldato
OP
Sorry, not the best of description. It’s a standard wooden fence, 6ft, with the slats (think slats is the right term but if not it’s just the vertical wood which is approx 10cm x 1cm) on the outside so you can see the horizontal wood between the wooden posts when in the garden. There is approx 1cm gap between the slats and people can see through into the garden and house (patio doors).

I’d like to attach fence slats to the inside so that it covers the gaps that people can see through.

Caporegime
Like this:

2TvUB6W.jpg

I've seen similar but taller near me, the owner has a public footpath next to their garden so they have this.

No idea if its also better for wind, i.e it doesn't catch the panels as much?

Soldato
It may actually be cheaper and easier to just fix normal lap fence panels to the inside. As you already have the posts etc you can screw to the existing fence.

Back
Top Bottom