whats with all these "Bots only, no humans" appearing on Ebay ?

Soldato
Call me cynical but why would a bot buy something thats already been scalped? The whole point of ebay is resell at inflated prices what they got at MSRP so whats to gain from this? Unless they're trying to catch people out and then try and claim "its in the description! its a picture!" if it goes to dispute :confused:

Soldato
Call me cynical but why would a bot buy something thats already been scalped? The whole point of ebay is resell at inflated prices what they got at MSRP so whats to gain from this? Unless they're trying to catch people out and then try and claim "its in the description! its a picture!" if it goes to dispute :confused:

To a bot it might just look like a cheap graphics card, but they cant dispute it because the description says they are buying a picture. A bot might just auto buy it based off title.

Soldato
I can't see these payments being allowed to stick tbh :p

Quite a few have sold though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3090-RTX...546446?hash=item422ad6910e:g:uMIAAOSwVTdgK9iD

I wonder what happens when the buyer eventually raises a dispute. The seller has made it clear what they are selling. The sellers aren't burner accounts either, many have lots of feedback and 100% ratings. I'm not sure "I was using a buying bot" will work as a defence.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like bot are buying really old cards as well. I'm going to list my 970 tomorrow lol. Maybe I'll make my money back.

Looking at ebay's terms it says listings have to be a physical item or a service and match the description. So for this anti-scalper tactic to work and you keep the money you'd have to send a physical photo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like bot are buying really old cards as well. I'm going to list my 970 tomorrow lol. Maybe I'll make my money back.

Looking at ebay's terms it says listings have to be a physical item or a service and match the description. So for this anti-scalper tactic to work and you keep the money you'd have to send a physical photo.

The listings specify that the winner will have the image of the card emailed to them :)

Soldato
I would be careful listing old cards or photos hoping to get bought by a bot. Sure its a bot who makes the purchase but it's a human who receives the card and who is looking to profit. You will get a claim put in either saying its damaged or that they have changed their mind and ebay will side with the buyer, which means you have lost the postage cost and maybe even have to pay for return postage depending on what they say. You might even get a negative thrown in as well if they are vindictive.

Back
Top Bottom