Poll: Are white trainers cool or uncool

Are the white trainers cool or uncool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Crocs are a crime against humanity

Crocs are a powerful tool, here I have paired them with yoga pants, feel free to copy this sophisticated look (photo taken by my ex on my Camino)

Screenshot-20210402-200329-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Brands are for idiot's with more money than sense "building the brand" = how can we get suckers to keep buying the same stuff for very little development.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

who still actually wears trainers?

Below the age of eh 20 outside of sports

Soldato
I am not really influenced by fashion tbh my last trainers (pic in summer thread) were chosen for A/ been vegan ie not a strip of easy sourced animal hide
B/ waterproof and breathable
C/ dark colour as constantly coated in mud and sand
But they are a tool, not an accessory. I don't get on with walking boots so get the walking trainers.

Man of Honour
Christ knows where it came from, probably an Americanism, but my old man, if he saw a guy with a battery of pens clipped in his jacket or shirt breast pocket, would nudge me and say, “There you go, the mark of the perfect schmo.”
I kind of feel similarly about any guy over 30 with any kind of trainers, it doesn’t look as bad as the row of pens, but IMO it’s not a good look.
Crocs on a man of any age? Gimme a break.

Soldato
You have to pay loads of an actual good pair now. Most are made in China and fall to bits within a few months.

The last ones I bought were some Skechers. Used to be made in the UK and pretty good, but now in China. Didn't last 6 months.

Soldato
Christ knows where it came from, probably an Americanism, but my old man, if he saw a guy with a battery of pens clipped in his jacket or shirt breast pocket, would nudge me and say, “There you go, the mark of the perfect schmo.”
I kind of feel similarly about any guy over 30 with any kind of trainers, it doesn’t look as bad as the row of pens, but IMO it’s not a good look.
Crocs on a man of any age? Gimme a break.
As regards crocs, I am clearly in the camp of don't give a damn about fashion, on the camino they are pretty standard, after a long hike you need to change the contact points on feet and let them breathe.when you explore the Spanish towns
But yeah defiantly not for a townie with an urban lifestyle
Edit, great for just putting rubbish out and mooching down garden also

Last edited:
Associate
I always thought white and clean was good, but white and dirty not so good. Then Gucci started selling dirty white trainers for like £600 or so. They look so stanky. But they're Gucci.

Soldato
Always liked white trainers. Only got one pair now, classic Reebok high tops. Rest are TN's and 95's. Not white though.

I think my last pair were the Reebok Workout Plus when I was at school. I remember then having the union jack on the side, if anyone does? On the "H" shape bit. I've been after another pair for years and cannot find them anywhere.

Caporegime
Man of Honour
I always thought white and clean was good, but white and dirty not so good. Then Gucci started selling dirty white trainers for like £600 or so. They look so stanky. But they're Gucci.

“They look so stanky, but they’re Gucci.” Maybe you meant skanky, but stanky is common currency in the U.S.
It sounds like, “they don’t look that good, but come on, they’re Gucci!”
By that token, Armani could produce a line of well cut trousers, with authentic looking brownish stains in the seat area, that you normally wouldn’t even wear for a bet, but wait, they’re Armani, do you have them in 34” regular?

Back
Top Bottom